Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:11 AM

18,143 posts, read 25,343,286 times

Advertisements

How do you deal with a disrespectful female coworker?

I have a coworker that I find very disrespectful
It took me a long time to notice it, because she's a woman
My male coworkers are always very respectful
That's when I began to see how disrespectful she is

To put it in few words, she always talks to me as if I was her son
Always belittle any issue I have and try to tell me how to do my job ... even though she knows nothing about it
everybody complains about work, she complains about work just like anybody else
When I complain about my work, she always says "We are all going through the same thing"
Anytime I tell her an issue with my work, she tells me "You need to ... and make sure that you ...." even though I know it's not my fault, but somebody else
Anytime I tell her how to do something, she says "Anyways" and moves on to say how she wants things to be done
Sometimes talking to me, taps the desk with her nails as saying "I want things done this way"
Other times she is going to show me a piece of paper and snaps it before showing me something

Based on her ....
All my issues at work are my fault
All her issues at work, are other people's fault

Keep in mind,
My male coworkers are the complete opposite
To the point that i feel they call me "Sir" way too much

If she was a man, I would have told her to go Mod cut. a long time ago
Obviously, I can't say that ... and I bet she knows that and takes advantage of it

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-09-2017 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:21 AM

880 posts, read 1,254,547 times
At first I thought this was a poem.

But seriously, go talk to HR. There's two reasons for this: 1.) They may actually help you deal with it 2.) Your visit will be recorded and if there's an unexpected altercation, the record will show that you have complained and tried to resolve the situation the right way which will make BIG difference when they are deciding who to fire.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:34 AM

Sounds like the best way to deal with it
I'll wait for something else to happen

The way I was dealing with it, was not to talk to her at all
But sometimes I have to talk to her because of work

Old 08-09-2017, 06:38 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,074,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
How do you deal with a disrespectful female coworker?

I have a coworker that I find very disrespectful
It took me a long time to notice it, because she's a woman
My male coworkers are always very respectful
That's when I began to see how disrespectful she is

To put it in few words, she always talks to me as if I was her son
Always belittle any issue I have and try to tell me how to do my job ... even though she knows nothing about it
everybody complains about work, she complains about work just like anybody else
When I complain about my work, she always says "We are all going through the same thing"
Anytime I tell her an issue with my work, she tells me "You need to ... and make sure that you ...." even though I know it's not my fault, but somebody else
Anytime I tell her how to do something, she says "Anyways" and moves on to say how she wants things to be done
Sometimes talking to me, taps the desk with her nails as saying "I want things done this way"
Other times she is going to show me a piece of paper and snaps it before showing me something

Based on her ....
All my issues at work are my fault
All her issues at work, are other people's fault

Keep in mind,
My male coworkers are the complete opposite
To the point that i feel they call me "Sir" way too much

If she was a man, I would have told her to go [bleep] a long time ago
Obviously, I can't say that ... and I bet she knows that and takes advantage of it
Sure you can say that. You just need better words. Choose your moment carefully and call her out.

But make sure you're not coming off as a whiny little brat.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-09-2017 at 08:00 AM..

Old 08-09-2017, 06:38 AM

880 posts, read 1,254,547 times
Why wait? At least make list to take with you - for some reason when things are written down on paper, they are taken more seriously.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:50 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,661,989 times
I'm not sure that being a woman has anything to do with it. A**holes come in all shapes and sizes, regardless of gender. If she is bothering you that much, tell her. Maybe she doesn't realize how snarky she's coming off.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
I'm not sure that being a woman has anything to do with it. A**holes come in all shapes and sizes, regardless of gender. If she is bothering you that much, tell her. Maybe she doesn't realize how snarky she's coming off.
I agree, it could be a man or a woman
except that with a man, we would have cursed each other out, not talked for one week and then we would have been friends
in this case, it has been dragging on for years and if I dare to go off, I bet I would be in deep s...

Old 08-09-2017, 07:20 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,057,497 times
I am curious. Why do you continue to talk to her, when she belittles you, and you say she knows nothing about your job? It sounds like there's no need for her input at all.

Never mind...I went back and read again what you said. Sounds like you do need to talk to her from time to time. Sorry.

Last edited by Sassybluesy; 08-09-2017 at 07:35 AM..

Old 08-09-2017, 07:28 AM

9,381 posts, read 7,006,307 times
She may be crushing on you and is testing you?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 AM

61,919 posts, read 87,491,180 times
Is she your boss? Why is she telling you how you suppose to do your work, or how SHE WANTS things to be done? Do you need to discuss with her your job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment