Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 05:55 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,809,331 times

Advertisements

kick the door down and find out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 07:45 PM

414 posts, read 359,789 times
I worked on a help desk years ago and one guy was always sneaking out for smoke breaks. It DID impact the rest of us since there were fewer people on the rotation. If the OP is in a job like that then she SHOULD alert management if they're not aware. And the OP also noted this person still takes a long lunch break. I doubt the OP would have come here to vent if her colleague's behavior wasn't impacting her workload. I've had slacker colleagues whose behavior did not impact my workload and I didn't care - that's management's problem. When frequent extended breaks result in more work for me then I do care. Perhaps it is a medical condition and management is aware, but IMO it's worth bringing up the subject with management.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:14 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Maybe she has an anal fistula that bothers her.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:23 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
There's a couple of apps where you put in your salary and then track the amount of time you spend pooping at work, so you can figure out how much you got paid for pooping during the year. Poop Salary and Paid to Poop are two apps for that.

She's also saving on toilet paper, by not needing as much at home.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:37 AM

296 posts, read 319,489 times
I don't understand what would make a person start timing their co-workers bathroom visits. Do you also monitor what time everyone gets in and leaves too? Watch how many extra napkins they take in the cafeteria? Seriously, get some help.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:46 AM

826 posts, read 1,127,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubicle Dweller View Post
... I doubt the OP would have come here to vent if her colleague's behavior wasn't impacting her workload. ...
You give people too much credit. Some people just feel the need to stick their noses into other people's business even if it doesn't effect them. I work IT doing systems and database administration, some of the tasks we do require system downtime which is generally done off hours. The company isn't a huge fan of paying overtime so we generally adjust work schedules as needed to accommodate this work. Either coming in late, leaving early or taking an extended lunch. Our lead leaves it up to us to decide how we want to do it.

Anyways this office busy body who didn't really understand what our workload was always grumbling about our hours. Said busy body work was in no way impacted by us working weird hours. She then tried to raise a big stink about this at office wide meeting. She got the riot act read to her in front of the entire office. Apparently she had expressed displeasure more than once in the past to various parts of management who had told her it wasn't her problem or concern. From what I gathered from other people, she thought if she raised this in front of everyone she would get the masses on her side. Instead she just got blank stares, head shaking and a few face palms.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:47 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
They're in there on their phone. (That sentence is a work of beauty.)
It's not fair the same way smokers seem to get more breaks, but it's a management responsibility. People do what they're allowed to get away with.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:57 AM

16,077 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Love how everyone thinks mgrs somehow are always already aware of these things. We had a guy that pulled this stunt all the time, told the mgr that it was creating problems. The reply was that they hadn't seen it, didn't see that it was a problem, don't worry about it. Then one day the mgr had to work alone with this guy and he pulled his disappearing act a few times. He was gone by the next day. Funny how perceptions change when you are the one affected by bad behaviors.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:39 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,479,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
There's a couple of apps where you put in your salary and then track the amount of time you spend pooping at work, so you can figure out how much you got paid for pooping during the year. Poop Salary and Paid to Poop are two apps for that.

She's also saving on toilet paper, by not needing as much at home.
Amateur. You're supposed to steal some of the toilet paper too

Although now I'm wondering if those apps also account for toilet paper, water for flushes, and the time and materials from having to clean your toilet less.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:51 AM

2,349 posts, read 1,397,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
There's a couple of apps where you put in your salary and then track the amount of time you spend pooping at work, so you can figure out how much you got paid for pooping during the year. Poop Salary and Paid to Poop are two apps for that
I need to check those apps out...we manually calculated what one employee is costing my business in poop breaks. It was close to $4,000 a year he gets paid to crap!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment