Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,623 times

Advertisements

"Answering this question..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 07:31 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,369,560 times
I always answer that in the same way............

"I can be type A when it comes to my work and can get impatient when I see that processes are in place that do not make things as efficient as they can be. I am a team player but will always do my best to suggest improvements when possible."

Always brings a smile.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:33 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
You should make it something benign and follow up with how you worked on it to improve. They love hearing about people who can set and achieve goals by intelligent planning.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:01 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
"My biggest weakness is that I'm a workaholic and it has a negative impact on my family life because my work is my #1 priority."

(If they're going to ask a stupid question...)

Old 01-03-2018, 08:12 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,597,150 times
I always say "chronic flatulence". Maybe I don't get hired as often, but when I do get hired, I get a private office.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:15 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,843 times
Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?

Candidate: Too much honesty.

Interviewer: I don't think that's a weakness.

Candidate: I don't give a %&*# what you think.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:29 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,422,074 times
My answer is always the same, and it's 100% true.

Communication.

That seems to be the ONE thing that the whole human race is terrible with. We half hear things, twist what we hear into what we Want to hear, fill in the gaps with what we Assume we know. Doesn't matter if it's voice, email or any other form of communication.

It's something that you can Never "fix", just try to do better. Even knowing this, I still suffer from failures in communication on a daily basis.

As for being "overly critical", are you? Are you really? Do you worry your work to the point of "perfect" no matter what the cost? If so, you improve on that by recognizing that you do it, pay attention to When you are in the process of doing it and set limits to how long you'll put in effort for fractional gains in improvement. Ask for outside confirmation that whatever you're working on is "good enough". If you think that a hiring manager will see that answer as a positive, consider they might see it as a negative in that you're constantly holding up the flow in your quest for perfection, that you need constant hand-holding to verify that your work is acceptable, that you NEED to be micro-managed (some people do, man I hate working over them). A lot of times, overly-critical people will simply freeze and be incapable of action when things go sideways. Were I in on the hiring process and someone mentioned that, I'd want specific examples. But maybe I've just been burned by people who were overly critical of themselves and am sensitive to that trait.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
Answer honestly. When you answer honestly, you'll be appear genuine and humble. Those two traits will overcome any weakness you admit to.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:39 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
Never reveal your weakness to the interviewer.

Answer as follows, " I have done very well with my past employer", " I have not received any complaints of my work", "I dont have any weakness in the workplace . " This shows confidence, it is not cocky or conceited, it is the right answer!

On a separate note, Reveal only the positive during the interview. You do not need to air your baggage or faults to the interviewer. You also should avoid talking to much , or appearing to fake.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:42 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
I say the trust of others because you can be sure to rely on yourself to get the work done but you just can't rely on others because is outside of your control. For me, this is true because I get the work done once I have an assignment, but I can't be sure if others will get the work done if we have to commit to a teamwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment