Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: was this correct
yes 3 60.00%
no 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 466 times

Advertisements

I am looking for advise and trying to comprehend what has taken place. Just a few details about myself and my employment for you all to consider. I had been employed for 6 years with my employer that I was very grateful to for hiring me considering what occurred with my previous employer of 13 years which was with a city municipal service where I along with another blue collar worker were accused of taking kickbacks from vendors in the form of gift cards. These were actually handed out by our department supervisor. We both ended up with felonies on our records and the higher ups were never charged. I was humiliated and embarrassed and worried that i would never find decent employment again to provide for my family. I applied for unemployment and was awarded benefits that really helped me out. After receiving my judgement that was 5 years of supervised probation along with 4 felonies, I was nearly just gave up even applying to jobs. But I was determined to find employment in the same field of work that I knew and loved. I was lucky enough to be called for an interview with my latest employer that just terminated me. I was up front with them about my background and they were understanding being that they were aware of the practices that landed me with felonies, because it is part of their normal business routines with accounts. I worked my way up from a Counter Salesperson to Assistant Manager and eventually Store Manager. I was employed from 7/24/2012 to 12/29/2017 with this company. I got my promotion to Store Manager in Feb. 2016 when the Store Manager and very good friend of the owner decided to leave and try his luck at being a business owner himself. Turns out he was having a hard time and was not able to make it work. The morning that I was terminated a coworker told me he got a call the night before from a friend that told him the former Store Manager was coming back to work at our store in his former position. He was scheduled to start on Tuesday 01/02/2018. I was fired on Friday 12/29/2017. The reason given by the owner was theft, he said that items were missing from the store. I was able to show him that some of the items that he was looking for were placed on a saved invoice that the assistant manager was supposed to run but forgot. He went on to invoice me for the items i told him were mine. He then continued saying that it was considered stealing and even mentioned calling the police. He asked for my keys and then terminated me. I filed for UI and was denied I am in the process of appealing the determination. I also have never been paid for my last week of work and I have filed a claim with our local wage and hour office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 06:01 AM

674 posts, read 609,143 times
Please use paragraphs, your wall of text will turn people off and you'll get few responses.

Post this in the "Unemployment" subsection, and a couple of folks there who are experts at UI filing/appeal will most likely give you advice. Good luck.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:39 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Yes OP. You have to use paragraphs. It's very hard to read without it. You write well, just missing the paragraphs.
Also, I think this and ok place to post this if you want opinions about you situation. If you need help with unemployment there is a thread for that as well.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment