Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 01:36 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
OK, I get the feeling some people think I'm excusing this guy, or saying what he did is justifiable. I'm not, what he's done is not acceptable in this day and time. But I don't think that having a difficult time adapting to new mores is deserving of jail time when there are other effective punishments that would better reinforce a change in behavior.
Nah don't worry, half the general public these days has a brain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 01:58 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
These fools would probably also have him castrated, go figure. And while I am not gonna condone this of course, these fools would still defend a mass rapist(over any kind) than this dude... Goes to show the disgusting double standards we have in this society...

Look at all the demonization going on, a slap to the butt really y'all? There are worse things to get upset over, this was just too hilariously stupid to see at the least.
You are completely delusional. Nobody has implied anything you say. Demonize others for supporting ethical standards if you will, it does make you look silly.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:04 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You are completely delusional. Nobody has implied anything you say. Demonize others for supporting ethical standards if you will, it does make you look silly.
Fine, but my point still stands...

And why is this posted here? Not even fitting one bit...

Old 05-29-2018, 06:31 AM

5,712 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
And again, I'm simply telling how things were then, not saying that it was a good thing or that people should be accepting of it now.
But I think jail time is extreme for something of that nature, it's like putting people in jail for buying pot or a first offense for shoplifting a ten dollar item.

Buying pot is a victimless offense. You keep minimizing the seriousness of invading someone else's personal space and touching them in ways they find insulting, offensive and repugnant.

People have a right to decide who touches them, and that right is worth a lot more than $10.

Last edited by Deserterer; 05-29-2018 at 06:46 AM..

Old 05-29-2018, 07:32 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Buying pot is a victimless offense. You keep minimizing the seriousness of invading someone else's personal space and touching them in ways they find insulting, offensive and repugnant.

People have a right to decide who touches them, and that right is worth a lot more than $10.

I don't think anyone is defending an ass grab, at least I'm not. What I'm ridiculing is an over the top response to something that could have been handled by this young lady, or the management.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
would jail time be warranted if it was your family, your mother or sister, daughter?
or

if you really needed that job and he assaulted you just how would you feel?
Speaking for myself, my sister and my mother: we would have waited a moment until wifey was out of the restroom, gone over to the man, picked up a large glass of iced tea, dumped it in his lap and said this is for slapping my ass a moment ago.

For those who are celebrating police involvement, what sentence would you give this woman for 3 counts of assault?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XgvHPt1cg

Old 05-29-2018, 07:43 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
[/b]

I don't think anyone is defending an ass grab, at least I'm not. What I'm ridiculing is an over the top response to something that could have been handled by this young lady, or the management.
YouTube vids of the incident have comments added by residents who issued anti-stalking orders against this perp, as well as other waitstaff he grabbed.

I would hope they offer to testify at his trial.

It appears this is hardly a one-off.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:45 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
YouTube vids of the incident have comments added by residents who issued anti-stalking orders against this perp, as well as other waitstaff he grabbed.

I would hope they offer to testify at his trial.

It appears this is hardly a one-off.
Have you ever been to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Old 05-29-2018, 07:52 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Quote:
[/b]

If that approach worked, I would agree with you. But it doesn’t.

Ask your wife, gf, sister or daughter. Every one of them has been grabbed or worse. Multiple times. As a society we have an unfortunate track record of not valuing female bodily autonomy. At its mildest, it is grabbing and brushing/groping, but it leads to Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstein, and Bill Cosby.

If we need to make a big deal over this, to the extent that some creepy dude grabbing waitresses winds up spending the evening in jail before he can post bond, I am ok with that.

Quote:
Have you ever been to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?
Are you implying that because other cultures have terrible attitudes towards women, even worse than ours, a bit of mild misogyny should be overlooked?

Old 05-29-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
If that approach worked, I would agree with you. But it doesn’t.

Ask your wife, gf, sister or daughter. Every one of them has been grabbed or worse. Multiple times. As a society we have an unfortunate track record of not valuing female bodily autonomy. At its mildest, it is grabbing and brushing/groping, but it leads to Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstein, and Bill Cosby.

If we need to make a big deal over this, to the extent that some creepy dude grabbing waitresses winds up spending the evening in jail before he can post bond, I am ok with that.
Come one, now. You're taking extreme examples and extrapolating them to the overall population. It's the same reasoning used to keep weed from being legal. "It's a gateway drug"!!! I've been grabbed before, often by drunk or unstable women, and yet I was able to keep it from escalating, and I'm pretty sure none of them were arrested for rape or habitual harassment down the road.

The state shouldn't be involved in policing morality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment