Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2018, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 313 times

Advertisements

I work in a place where there's two managers and us, the whole team report to both of them. They're having same responsabilities and same rank.

So, let me explain what happened. I'm fairly new to the job and I barely know any of my co-workers, let alone the managers. I'm just trying to perform good and learn the job tasks to the fullest. However, one day I made a mistake which involved some financial loss and the first manager from first shift called me in his office and told me that I'll receive a written warning. I was quite surprised as I'm still new and I didn't expect such a thing (the financial loss is a really small amount), but I accepted it without any complaining and I continued with my shift.

Later on, when the second manager came at work, I told him what happened in a casual talk (he's less strict) and he got surprised and frustrated with that decision. The first manager who punished me has already left, so the second manager didn't talk with him, but he expressed his disagreement with that decision with me. He stated that it's unacceptable as I'm still new to the job, it's a big wrong move and that his decision simply won't count. I was pretty surprised even more at this point and I didn't know what to say, so I just remained silent, said thank you on the end and left his office. Now I don't know what to do and what to say if there's further issues out of this. What if the first manager decides to take it out on me about all of this when he gets approached about this and told off? What if he refuses to cooperate and takes the whole issue to some futher people, higher ranks? There's plenty of "what ifs" in this situation and I'm upset and I'm thinking about this the whole time and I'm scared to go to work tomorrow as I don't know what the first manager will say to me.

Any advices on what to say in my defense? Was I wrong for mentioning this to the other manager? How to get out of this awkward situation? Should I just quit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 08:12 PM

1,063 posts, read 697,374 times
Start looking at new opportunities. You will be a ping pong ball between the two and usually the nice manager doesn't win the battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment