Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:15 PM

272 posts, read 218,381 times

Advertisements

Such as the CEO, CFO, executives etc. If the little man has to drug test and if found positive gets fired and loses everything, then shouldn't the same be for those at the top? I would bet my life around 90% of them are regular cocaine, heroin or meth users.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 01:12 PM

9,419 posts, read 8,393,904 times
So based on this thread and this other one you created:

Why aren't politicians routinely drug tested?

90% of CEOs and politicians are regular hard drug users.

I think I know who is the drug user here and it's not them.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:23 PM

5,117 posts, read 6,104,140 times
Several companies I worked for that had mandatory drug testing had the Senior executives tested also. At a couple they were actually tested more often than us worker bees. They admitted it was as much an appearance thing as anything but the testing was the same if it was done.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:30 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,795,831 times
Well, not that I'm going to ask, and frankly, as long as the paychecks are on time and current, I'm not going to start giving a damn anytime soon.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:51 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,921,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Such as the CEO, CFO, executives etc. If the little man has to drug test and if found positive gets fired and loses everything, then shouldn't the same be for those at the top? I would bet my life around 90% of them are regular cocaine, heroin or meth users.
lol, what on earth makes you think they do drugs? I've yet to personally meet an exec who would even remotely give the impression they have that kind of problem.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:01 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
My organization does not drug test and in fact advocates against it among our clients and constituents. However, for other positions I have interviewed for, drug testing is mandatory to onboard any new employee, regardless of position.

I'm not sure there are many companies that randomly drug test existing employees in the current climate of skills and talent gaps. That would be professional suicide.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
My organization does not drug test and in fact advocates against it among our clients and constituents. However, for other positions I have interviewed for, drug testing is mandatory to onboard any new employee, regardless of position.

I'm not sure there are many companies that randomly drug test existing employees in the current climate of skills and talent gaps. That would be professional suicide.
I worked for a company that did that (and still does). Fortune 500 company, they have a third party service that randomly selects a certain number of employees every month, if your name is called you have until the end of the day to appear and have a hair test done, if you fail you get one warning (with mandatory rehab), if you decline rehab, you're fired, if you're caught again after that, you're fired.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:55 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,477,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I worked for a company that did that (and still does). Fortune 500 company, they have a third party service that randomly selects a certain number of employees every month, if your name is called you have until the end of the day to appear and have a hair test done, if you fail you get one warning (with mandatory rehab), if you decline rehab, you're fired, if you're caught again after that, you're fired.
Seems like a waste of money for your general office drone job.

But then again, Comcast is F500 and I bet they random drug test drivers who are out on the road. Usually, if your role is a major liability for the company (heavy machine operator, driver, etc.), then I'd expect that those people are more routine drug tested.

But for your average office drone? What a waste of time and money.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:02 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Yep. The idea that an occasional MJ user needs "rehab" is absurd. Does the company foot the bill for that too?

Sounds like someone is benefiting from the drug testing/rehab industrial complex in that story.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Seems like a waste of money for your general office drone job.

But then again, Comcast is F500 and I bet they random drug test drivers who are out on the road. Usually, if your role is a major liability for the company (heavy machine operator, driver, etc.), then I'd expect that those people are more routine drug tested.

What cost? They test a few people per month out of thousands, so the cost is next to nothing. The fear of being randomly selected keeps most people from doing drugs.

In reality, no one goes to rehab, they 'quit' if they test positive. No real loss. It's not hard to find employees who don't do any drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment