Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 01:08 PM

538 posts, read 386,730 times

Advertisements

I applied to a job a month ago, one of the few I also had an interview with a few weeks after I applied. Now I noticed the job add showed up again. It hadn’t been their for a month and just came up yesterday under Customer Service jobs and noted that I had applied to it 30 days ago. Does this mean the employer is interviewing again? Or these jobs just randomly show up in a search. I wouldn’t think so since I think employers pay to have Indeed display their jobs and for a certain amount of time and then they expire.

Moderator comment: Please note that a second thread on essentially the same topic has been merged into this thread.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-29-2018 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Merged 2 threads on same topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 01:20 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,785,701 times
Indeed notes the age of a job, usually. And yes.

I frequently see jobs come around two and three and more times at 3-5 week intervals, which just pours a little lemon juice on the paper cut of not getting so much as a phone interview for them. But then, my resume unavoidably shows my age, too.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:52 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,999,404 times
Indeed has been a completely USELESS job search tool from my experience

Old 12-29-2018, 01:57 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,785,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Indeed has been a completely USELESS job search tool from my experience
I used to use several tools but saw very few jobs that did not come up on Indeed in a timely manner. What do you suggest, and in what general field do you search?

Old 12-29-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Indeed notes the age of a job, usually. And yes.

I frequently see jobs come around two and three and more times at 3-5 week intervals, which just pours a little lemon juice on the paper cut of not getting so much as a phone interview for them. But then, my resume unavoidably shows my age, too.
So does it mean they reposted the job?

Old 12-29-2018, 02:24 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,911,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
So does it mean they reposted the job?
Yes.

The person they hired a few weeks ago could have recently walked out, hence the reason for the re-posting.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:29 PM

They said they were interviewing until end of Dec and then making a decision....so I guess that means me or anyone they interviewed didn’t get the job so they reposted it yesterday?

Old 12-29-2018, 02:52 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,139,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
They said they were interviewing until end of Dec and then making a decision....so I guess that means me or anyone they interviewed didn’t get the job so they reposted it yesterday?
That sounds about right! Sorry

Old 12-29-2018, 03:08 PM

Default Same job posted several times a month since last year?

A large company has been posting their customer service job since last year (salary 47K which is decent). I send my resume a few times but received a rejection saying my resume was not selected. Then a few weeks ago I send my resume for the same job, not knowing it was the same job since it didn’t list the company this time and it was through Job Giraffe which is an employment agency. This time I got an interview and they told the agency they liked me and are considering me for the position. Do you think it’s a good sign? But also maybe not a good sign if this job is always being posted? And why didn’t they reject my resume but then interview me when it was through an employment agency?

Old 12-29-2018, 03:11 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,999,404 times
No. Its a company thats completely dysfunctional and either:

A.) Cant keep track of they own freakin job openings

B A position with incessant turnover and is a hole

From my experience, I would stay away. Check out the reviews online. If there is a common theme its probably true. Rule of thumb from what I have learned, ALWAYS ALWAYS check out company reviews online before you bother. If everyone is giving it a thumbs down rating, chances are its true. Not everyone can be wrong

If everyone or the majority says is sucks.. Yea it sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment