Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 02:37 PM

104 posts, read 84,864 times

Advertisements

So I was with a Client, still on a 42 hr straight shift because the bosses sister called in sick today. No biggie.
Been working here almost 4 years. Many people are fired if the boss or her sister, doesn't like you. This is public funds I am afraid. I work for a vendor of the state.

But the client, who is DD and needs 24/7 supervision, just brought me my jacket in a bag. It's been missing for
6 weeks and the last I recall, it was here. It is a tiny empty bottle of vodka. Like enough for one drink.

The bosses sister is my direct co-worker in a sense. Odd things have been occurring as when I was called at the last moment to work day before Thanksgiving, she hadn't helped our client do anything. No meals were made. I put this in the notes as gently as possible. This sister gets every shift she wants, ok fine. But you do not cross her. We cooked very quickly that night, an entire meal then I had to be off for 6 hrs so the bosses sister could come in and eat it.She pops in 6 hrs shifts in between my 18 hr shifts

No problem there except client was devastated upon my return. They are like oil and water together anyhow. She had tossed out the turkey we made. Client had did the stuffing part, it was a lot of work. We were up until midnight or later. Her excuse? she thought the turkey was old.

Next week I read notes that she's accusing client of masturbating the dog. Another staff member said she didn't feel like that happened (and to put this in online notes?). Things were getting really weird. Now they have a friend they just hired here to work 1 day a week. The pattern is, often we've lost good employees to the bosses friend.
Bosses mother, daughter and sons girlfriend worked here until her kids went to jail for murder.

Cannot understand why a vodka bottle was put in my bag. Just saw boss downtown while I was with client and she is stopping by later on. I wonder if she is going to accuse me? I do not drink so have no issue taking a test but the issue is, will she tell the truth about the test? that is my fear.

What can I do to protect myself? I am on shift, no access to a phone since I live almost 2 hrs away. Need to work. Maybe it's nothing but it's really odd. Maybe I am being overly paranoid. Client doesn't drink, she tried it and threw up. Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 02:39 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times
This is a puzzle with 2/3 the pieces missing.

There seem to be a few screws loose, too.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:54 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
I'm a bit confused... maybe most people here know you, but what industry do you work in? It sounds like some kind of home care, from your post? What part do you think is odd? The part about your jacket, about the boss's sister's behavior, all of it?

I don't think there's any test for alcohol that will tell someone if you've been drinking for more than a few hours prior-- it doesn't stay in your system for a while the way something like heroin would. So doing some sort of "test" on you wouldn't tell them anything except that you've not been drinking that particular day-- it's not going to exonerate you of anything else, unless they actually feel like testing you daily.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:55 PM

My jacket was missing in a bag for 6 weeks returned to me with a tiny bottle of empty vodka. That is my concern.
I'll try to check back in soon if possible

Old 01-24-2019, 02:56 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,765,657 times
I’m confused...

Old 01-24-2019, 03:00 PM

I'm a bit confused... maybe most people here know you, but what industry do you work in? It sounds like some kind of home care, from your post? What part do you think is odd? The part about your jacket, about the boss's sister's behavior, all of it?

I don't think there's any test for alcohol that will tell someone if you've been drinking for more than a few hours prior-- it doesn't stay in your system for a while the way something like heroin would. So doing some sort of "test" on you wouldn't tell them anything except that you've not been drinking that particular day-- it's not going to exonerate you of anything else, unless they actually feel like testing you daily.
Yes, you can call this home care. That is close enough.

It all seems odd. Question. Why would someone put it an empty bottle of Vodka in my bag with my jacket? Good staff starts working here then they just disappear. They stories I've heard are bad, both these siblings gang up on them. Sister doesn't like to work hard so if you do, you can outshine her. Yet you need to do your job. Sort of like walking a tightrope.

I am wondering if this is their M.O? The sister has been upset with me lately.

I know the client didn't do it. Boss sister is coming soon. Not too upset since we started another business which is going well but it does seem odd. Oh well....

Old 01-24-2019, 03:01 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond1 View Post
My jacket was missing in a bag for 6 weeks returned to me with a tiny bottle of empty vodka. That is my concern.
I'll try to check back in soon if possible
Without any idea who might have had access to it - from your nutball co-non-worker to any other case worker to a visiting parent or friend, there is no solution.

Bag + tiny liquor bottle = airline flight, IMVHO. Or hotel minibar.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Without any idea who might have had access to it - from your nutball co-non-worker to any other case worker to a visiting parent or friend, there is no solution.

Bag + tiny liquor bottle = airline flight, IMVHO.
can you elaborate on this? 5 people could've had access to my bag.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:51 PM

469 posts, read 637,468 times
Is it possible one of your crazy co-workers were wearing your jacket and put the liquor bottle in the pocket and forgot? Then just threw the jacket in a bag to return it to you and the bottle fell out of the pocket/

Old 01-24-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlebirdies View Post
Is it possible one of your crazy co-workers were wearing your jacket and put the liquor bottle in the pocket and forgot? Then just threw the jacket in a bag to return it to you and the bottle fell out of the pocket/
Yes that is possible. I guess I'll find out by tomorrow.

Now that I think about it, if they were going to let me go, it would be tomorrow morning at the end of the 42 hr shift. That's when her sister comes back on unless she calls in sick again. I covered her 6 hr shift today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment