Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM

330 posts, read 599,230 times

Advertisements

I want to learn Forex trading. Are there any good books or on-line classes that anyone can recomend? I want to trade on a day to day level, as a part timer. I will (hopefully soon) have a regular job. I am looking at this as a hobby and second income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 12:07 PM

330 posts, read 599,230 times
Thanks!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:47 PM
CVU

2 posts, read 2,190 times
To be successfull in Forex trading is a long journey. I don't think you can be a successfull traders by some good books. You need to start trading a demo account for a short while then to trade a small account (like 100-200USD), get involved in some good forex trading forums. Oanda forum (OANDA FXMessage Forex Forum), Myfxbook.com (http://www.myfxbook.com/dashboard), Forex Factory forum (Forex Forum @ Forex Factory) and Elite Trader forum (Elite Trader Forums) are some that I know.

Forums are good place to ask questions since there are many can answer your questions. Again, it is a long journey.

Good luck!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:50 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Thats like asking how to play black jack. Stocks these days are nothing more than gambling. Historical info is almost completely useless in todays economy, there are no more benchmarks to base investing on, if your going to invest you either do it on a hunch or have inside info.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,132 times
Hi!
I live in Russia. The last three years I trade in stock market. A year ago I started to trade on Forex. It is interesting to me as transatlantic friends trade on Forex.
I will be glad to impart experience and learn your experience of trade on Forex.

In advance excuse for my English.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Thats like asking how to play black jack. Stocks these days are nothing more than gambling. Historical info is almost completely useless in todays economy, there are no more benchmarks to base investing on, if your going to invest you either do it on a hunch or have inside info.
For example I trade on news. I open an economic calendar, I analyze, and in 30-40 minutes prior to an exit of news or economic statistics I expose warrants on purchase or on sale. The price moves only in two directions - up or down.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 AM

137 posts, read 267,008 times
Most of these posts are spam.

DON'T TRADE FOREX unless you know what you're doing. XE trading is amongst the most difficult to profit on because it's so unpredictable. Most people can make money on publicly traded company, few can do it on forex. If you don't have a strong education and background STAY AWAY!

I have 6 years of finance education, and I wouldn't touch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment