Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 AM

259 posts, read 1,041,582 times

Advertisements

I received the email below a few minutes ago. Most people would not fall for this, but those of you in desparate need of money should not consider doing this. You will NEVER receive a dime and your gold/silver, etc. will be gone forever. Also, Mystery Shopper jobs are appearing in my Inbox asking me to spend hundreds of dollars (buying jewelry) saying they will reimburse me after I complete a short summary and return the item I purchased back to their client. Then they will mail me a check for $30.00.
This MS advertisemant just doesn't sound legitimate to me.

Please read the following:

Get CASH for your JEWELRY - FAST

Here's how it works:
1) Click here:
http://free-specials.com/62/

2) Just give us your shipping address and we'll send you a FREE prepaid and insured return kit. Place all your old gold, silver, and platinum inside the bag and send it back to us.

3) Then, we'll send you a check. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the process or the amount that we send you, simply give us a call and we'll send you your jewelry back. Best of all, we guarantee the highest prices. You are under no obligation.

Here's what you get for FREE when you deal direct with the refiner:
- Shipping both ways is insured and free
- Payment in 24 Hours
- Highest Price Paid

Don't wait. Request your FREE prepaid kit and start making instant cash from your old scrap gold & jewelry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 AM

129 posts, read 444,576 times
Avoid as though it were the plague.

Similar ad on TV as well.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Another good one...tell us your idea and WE will help you market it...(more like steal it...)

Patent things yourself!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:14 PM

Default Advice/ideas

GypsySoul22,

You are so funny! I'm still laughing about what you said below (more like steal it...). Thank you, I needed a good laugh. I'll give you a big hint as to what I would like to do. I was making a handbag for a friend and realized I could do something unique with this handbag. I mailed it recently to my friend in CA and she absolutely loved it and wants more in other colors. She said she is getting compliments wherever she goes and said she would sell them where she works, and to her other friends. People are asking her where she bought it. Vera Bradley makes handbags and has a website. She lost her job and went into her cellar and started making cloth bags. Now she is worth millions!!! What I don't understand is that another store was selling a duplicate of one of her handbags (I have one and so does a friend of mine.) We paid only $14.99 vs Vera's at $78.00. So do you think Vera has a patent? How could they get away with doing this if she does indeed have a patent? Even the print was simliar to the one that Vera sells. If I get a patent I will do it myself. My handbags will be more unique, or maybe I can say clever (that's my little secret my lips are sealed) Females will always buy handbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Another good one...tell us your idea and WE will help you market it...(more like steal it...)

Patent things yourself!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:16 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,990 times
I got involved in M S things before and I got a hell of a lot out of it.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:19 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
It's too bad, but good, that you have to warn people about sending money or valued items anywhere. People should recognize hoaxes by now.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:29 PM

I agree with you Aylalou. There are younger and older people who fall for these hoaxes and possibility people in desparate situations who might not be able to recognize these as scams or hoaxes. I don't want to see anybody put themselves in a worse position than they may be in already.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Yes, the buzzards are circling...if it sounds to good to be true, it's usually a scam to take your $$$

Old 11-14-2008, 04:10 PM

983 posts, read 4,441,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Lover View Post
GypsySoul22,

You are so funny! I'm still laughing about what you said below (more like steal it...). Thank you, I needed a good laugh. I'll give you a big hint as to what I would like to do. I was making a handbag for a friend and realized I could do something unique with this handbag. I mailed it recently to my friend in CA and she absolutely loved it and wants more in other colors. She said she is getting compliments wherever she goes and said she would sell them where she works, and to her other friends. People are asking her where she bought it. Vera Bradley makes handbags and has a website. She lost her job and went into her cellar and started making cloth bags. Now she is worth millions!!! What I don't understand is that another store was selling a duplicate of one of her handbags (I have one and so does a friend of mine.) We paid only $14.99 vs Vera's at $78.00. So do you think Vera has a patent? How could they get away with doing this if she does indeed have a patent? Even the print was simliar to the one that Vera sells. If I get a patent I will do it myself. My handbags will be more unique, or maybe I can say clever (that's my little secret my lips are sealed) Females will always buy handbags.

The same way all the fake Gucci, Louis Vutton and others show up for sale at the garment district downtown L.A. It's big money in fake merchandise if you don't get caught!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:00 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,492,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Lover View Post
I received the email below a few minutes ago. Most people would not fall for this, but those of you in desparate need of money should not consider doing this. You will NEVER receive a dime and your gold/silver, etc. will be gone forever. Also, Mystery Shopper jobs are appearing in my Inbox asking me to spend hundreds of dollars (buying jewelry) saying they will reimburse me after I complete a short summary and return the item I purchased back to their client. Then they will mail me a check for $30.00.
This MS advertisemant just doesn't sound legitimate to me.

Please read the following:

Get CASH for your JEWELRY - FAST

Here's how it works:
1) Click here:
http://free-specials.com/62/

2) Just give us your shipping address and we'll send you a FREE prepaid and insured return kit. Place all your old gold, silver, and platinum inside the bag and send it back to us.

3) Then, we'll send you a check. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the process or the amount that we send you, simply give us a call and we'll send you your jewelry back. Best of all, we guarantee the highest prices. You are under no obligation.

Here's what you get for FREE when you deal direct with the refiner:
- Shipping both ways is insured and free
- Payment in 24 Hours
- Highest Price Paid

Don't wait. Request your FREE prepaid kit and start making instant cash from your old scrap gold & jewelry.

recieved this same email............my reaction.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment