Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:52 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,843 times

Advertisements

No offense, but you need to go home. There are too many unemployed AMERICANS who need the jobs in this country. The rampant hiring of the H1B visa crowd is part of why unemployment is so high. H1Bs have all but killed the IT career field as well as nursing. If I were running for President, I would run on the platform of banning the hiring of foreign workers, imprisoning employers who are caught hiring illegals, and slapping high tariffs on goods imported from other countries. I guarantee unemployment would immediately be cut in half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Matriano View Post
Hi goodmorning,I am looking for h2b winter job extension now.I prepared for busser,banguet server,buffet server if you have opening, in the restaurant and housekeeping.room service,room attendant,maintenance if you have opening in hotels,Thank you so much have a great day.I hope i can hear from you.
H2B visas are meant for workers in short supply. We have shortage of workers for the jobs you are seeking.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:02 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
No offense, but you need to go home. There are too many unemployed AMERICANS who need the jobs in this country. The rampant hiring of the H1B visa crowd is part of why unemployment is so high. H1Bs have all but killed the IT career field as well as nursing. If I were running for President, I would run on the platform of banning the hiring of foreign workers, imprisoning employers who are caught hiring illegals, and slapping high tariffs on goods imported from other countries. I guarantee unemployment would immediately be cut in half.
There is a big difference between H1B and H2B visas. The poster is referring to the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
H2B visas are meant for workers in short supply. We have shortage of workers for the jobs you are seeking.
H2Bs are for temporary seasonal work only and only a certain number of these visas are issued every year and only to workers from certain countries. They're not a stepping stone to permanent residency nor are they usually extended. Unless the poster's current employer applies for an extension he/she will have to leave the country as he/she cannot apply for an extension independently.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
There is a big difference between H1B and H2B visas. The poster is referring to the latter.

H2Bs are for temporary seasonal work only and only a certain number of these visas are issued every year and only to workers from certain countries. They're not a stepping stone to permanent residency nor are hey usually extended.
Good catch--I was thinking H1B. Either way, the season is over, there's no need for that type of worker any longer.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,102 times
I need an h2b job please. My j1 visa ends this april 2015.im worried that the agency from the new h2b job that i applied and new contract signed ain't replying. Thank u so much !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment