Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 02:17 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

A 22-year-old factory worker died Wednesday after he fell into a vat of boiling chocolate at a manufacturing plant in New Jersey, police said.

The Camden County prosecutor's office identified the victim as Vincent Smith II. He was a temporary worker at the Cocoa Services Inc. plant.

Factory Worker Dies After Falling Into Vat of Chocolate - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 04:26 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,705 times
I know some ignorant people will try to make jokes about how this person died.
I won't.
It was a horrible way to die and the only thing I can say is, I send sympathy and condolences to his family.
I don't wish death on anyone unless it is some scum of the earth that really deserves it.
I don't know this man. He may have been a very good individual who was just trying to make a living.
I hope other posters will take that into consideration and not make jokes about him losing his life doing his job at a chocolate factory.
My heart goes out to him and his family.
I lost a great son-in-law when he went to work one morning and a forklift he was working on fell over and crushed him.
My daughter was a widow at 25 years old. My grandson lost his Dad when he was 4 years old.
Tragedy can happen in any family no matter what the occupation.
Let us not forget the feelings of the ones who have lost a loved one.
I have said what I said because some cruel people might tend to make unfeeling statements about someone losing their life making candy.
That is society today.
I hope that anyone who might be so cruel as to doing such is banned from this website.
RIP Vincent.
Vincent just might have been a very good person who lost his life making chocolate for the rest of us.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Robhu, I'm sorry about the loss of your son-in-law. I agree, death should never be made light of--unless it's someone like Timothy McVie--go ahead and make any jokes you want about taht type of scum.

I will say with all due respect that it's been an odd week for freak deaths in the workplace. The monorail accident at Disney, the poor man in the chocolate in NJ, and there was something on the news about a guy in Oregon (maybe?) the other day who had a freak fatal accident with a printing press or mail sorter or something along those lines. (Sorry, I was half asleep when I saw it.) Be careful out there everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment