Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
You need to stop acting like a moody 16 year old kid who knows everything. Because you clearly don't know everything and refuse to acknowledge anything that goes against your preconceived (and distorted) notions of the way the world works (whether in work or relationships).

Moody? The title of the thread was clear wasn't it? It said QUESTION TO THOSE OF YOU WHO BEEN EMPLOYED FOR 15 YEARS OR MORE. So how is that not clear? From that title why would I want a reply from someone who was laid off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Sadly I've seen his photos on Twitter and Facebook, and I believe he is in mis mid-30's due to the receding hairline and chicken neck.

He is destined to stay a lonely, broke person unless he makes some major changes in his life. Unfortunately he is far too dense for that to happen.

I do want to change so we can get along better

Old 10-04-2009, 12:19 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Moody? The title of the thread was clear wasn't it? It said QUESTION TO THOSE OF YOU WHO BEEN EMPLOYED FOR 15 YEARS OR MORE. So how is that not clear? From that title why would I want a reply from someone who was laid off?
What about people who were laid off because the company they worked for CLOSED--and not becuase the company wasn't doing well financially? There is nothing those folks cound have done to save thier jobs.

That's what happened to me. The company was sold because it was very profitable and the owner was given an offer he couldn't refuse. The only way I could avoid lay-off was to move 1000 miles away to the new headquarters. So tell me, what would you have suggested I do? You seem to think you have all the answers, let's hear it.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I do want to change so we can get along better
Then you'd ruin all my fun.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:25 PM

88 posts, read 143,395 times
Okay, I'll play your game.

Person A - worked 15 years, has horrible work habits, is working for a company with a strong union. Comes in on time, does the absolute minimum but doesn't do a good job of it. Maybe he works for a government job, maybe it's just a huge company where he gets lost in the crowd. He provides nothing to the company.

Person B - A successful person, has shown a fast progression in responsibility and salary. They've been working for 15-20 years, even though they had been laid off once or twice due to downsizing or the company folded (but immediately found another job because they were EMPLOYABLE).

You are so closed-minded, you simply don't get it.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Then you'd ruin all my fun.

I don't want to ruin your fun, I want US to have fun together

Old 10-04-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I don't want to ruin your fun, I want US to have fun together
You are so pathetic that you can't even find a real woman to date, you have to act like a 12 year old on the Internet. Grow up.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
I paid attention to all the replies from the ones who never been laid off
Some of the reasons you might be laid off, is lack your of flexibility and myopic outlook.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Some of the reasons you might be laid off, is lack your of flexibility and myopic outlook.
Here TVGuy, let me help you out a little here...

Myopic means to be narrow-minded and a lack of understanding. I know you have difficulty with the big words.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Here TVGuy, let me help you out a little here...

Myopic means to be narrow-minded and a lack of understanding. I know you have difficulty with the big words.
OMG, post of the day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment