Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 AM

39 posts, read 160,238 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've been applying like mad these past few weeks and its slowly paying off. I had a phone interview on Monday and they called my references on Thursday. Things seem to be progressing well and they want me to come down for a lunch interview early next week. Usually, I have formal interviews with a legal pad for notes and a typed sheet of questions but I imagine this would be awkward over a lunch table. Any suggestions or tips on how to handle an interview + food? Also, the phone interview seemed very formal and we went over a lot about the position and my experience. How do I continue conversation without being redundant since most of my questions were answered over the phone? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 07:58 AM

302 posts, read 885,515 times
I would go with questions that are a little more....personable, plus any technical questions about the job that were not answered. You can ask stuff like what are you busy times of year, what problems did you see the last person having, what are their goals for this position over the next year, what departments would you be working the closest with...stuff like that.

Without knowing what the job is, it is hard to recommend questions But I would continue to show your interest with asking "day in the life of" questions. Almost like you already know you have the job, and are trying to gauge if it a great fit for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search