Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:43 AM

542 posts, read 1,928,996 times

Advertisements

Wooooosaaaaaa I need to relax, relate, RELEASE!!!

Long story short I’m the only female in an office with 10 men. We have a ladies restroom and a men’s restroom. I have had the LONG battle of asking nicely for them to put the toilet seat down in the ladies room. Then when that didn’t work I asked them to not use the ladies room anymore since its FOR LADIES. My boss said “they shouldn’t be using it anyway it’s the ladies room”. After weeks of them using it AND leaving the seat up I had my boss put a lock on the door.
For the past few weeks someone has been using the ladies room again and I don’t know how/where they got a key from. I know one of the warehouse guys has been using it because I went to use the bathroom and had to WAIT for him to finish!! In addition to using “freshener” in excess which means even when I HAVE to use it I either use a gas mask or wait. Now we are back to the toilet seat being left up. I’m so upset right now because I went to use the bathroom and not only is the toilet seat up but there is urine all over the damn thing!! I’m so angry right now I want to SCREAM!! I know this might sound trivial but… it’s just plain NASTY and there’s NO need for any of the men to use the ladies room in the first place.

What would you do???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I'd have to say your boss has to know who else has a key and is the only one that control access.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Sorry, some of us have real problems to worry about. There are a lot of people out there who would love to be in your position since you even have a job, which is more than a lot of people out here can say. I am not being mean, just being honest. Personally, I think you should also use the men's bathroom too if this is going on. It really is not that big of a deal IMO.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,277 times
That is gross. The men's bathroom must be pretty disgusting if the men do not want to use it. Are they illiterate? Why is your boss putting up with that behavior? To have to go as far as putting a lock on the door because the guys refuse to follow the rules is absurd. Is your boss respected or more of a "pushover"? Is there an HR department there to mediate this?

In the future bring your cellphone/camera (or get one) and take a picture of the mess. The photos will document how often and how bad it is.

Any possibility that your boss might be the one? Maybe you need to go over his head.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:30 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Definitely start using the mens bathroom. Spray flowery perfume all over it. Put pink frilly things all over it. Do whatever you can to irk the heck out of them. Maybe they will quit using your bathroom.
Or you could set a trap for them. Rig the seat so that if they lift it up, it slams back down and won't stay up.
Also, leave a note to the pigs that can't seem to aim straight and tell them to quit using your bathroom. If your boss gave you a lock for it, maybe he still has a key, and he is the one with the bad aim.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
be lucky you have a job.. sheesh!

Old 01-22-2010, 01:19 PM

542 posts, read 1,928,996 times
YES... I know there are people with REAL problems. I did say I know this sounds trivial..... GEESH Wiping up someones urine is a BIG deal to me.... especially when I don't work in the medical field.
Anywho... thanks for your suggestions.

My boss doesn't use the ladies bathroom it's on the other side of the building (not even close to me). The men's restroom is near his office and he'd have to walk past me to go to ladies room. He never does that so it's definitely not him. He has the other key in his office so we don't know HOW someone is getting in.
Of course... no one is admitting to it now. LOL

Old 01-22-2010, 01:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
Wooooosaaaaaa I need to relax, relate, RELEASE!!!

Long story short I’m the only female in an office with 10 men. We have a ladies restroom and a men’s restroom. I have had the LONG battle of asking nicely for them to put the toilet seat down in the ladies room. Then when that didn’t work I asked them to not use the ladies room anymore since its FOR LADIES. My boss said “they shouldn’t be using it anyway it’s the ladies room”. After weeks of them using it AND leaving the seat up I had my boss put a lock on the door.
For the past few weeks someone has been using the ladies room again and I don’t know how/where they got a key from. I know one of the warehouse guys has been using it because I went to use the bathroom and had to WAIT for him to finish!! In addition to using “freshener” in excess which means even when I HAVE to use it I either use a gas mask or wait. Now we are back to the toilet seat being left up. I’m so upset right now because I went to use the bathroom and not only is the toilet seat up but there is urine all over the damn thing!! I’m so angry right now I want to SCREAM!! I know this might sound trivial but… it’s just plain NASTY and there’s NO need for any of the men to use the ladies room in the first place.

What would you do???
I feel for your situation as this is entirely unprofessional of these men to not have consideration. When I was younger, my older brother was still living at home and instead of lifting the seat, he would just make a mess and not even wipe up after himself. This was just plain disgusting and annoying as heck. Although I've never had to share a workplace "ladies" room with men, I do know that many women are also guilty of leaving behind a urine trail because they don't want to have contact with the seat. This is just disgusting and folks should take the responsibility to wipe up after themselves and PUT THE LID BACK DOWN!

Old 01-22-2010, 01:38 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,050,998 times
Perhaps too graphic but maybe a sign posted on the door:

"no bowel movements allowed and urination must be done sitting down. those caught doing otherwise will be reported to management as it is illegal and considered trespassing to use the rest room of the opposite gender."

then cement the seat to the down position.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:39 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,906,689 times
Get an automatic air freshener like this one. Install it on a wall beside the toilet, about 6" in front of the rim of the bowl, at about 5' above the floor. So that the nozzle is aimed right at a guy's head when he's standing (but above and in front of your head when you are sitting). First time a guy gets zapped in the eye with it will be the last time he uses the ladies' restroom.

Try to get a floral scented dispenser if you can for maximum effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment