Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2010, 01:12 PM

78 posts, read 285,541 times

Advertisements

I am interested to know more about the SAP Healthcare module.
I have some experience in programming and currently employed in health care industry.

Just wanted to gain more knowledge in Healthcare, preferably in Phama companies.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for posting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM

113 posts, read 245,312 times
SAP is an ERP application, once called SAP BAAN out of Germany I think, that is, it is a huge computer program for maintaining business transaction records for use by managers to analyses sales, purchasing and perform planning and budgeting. Every aspect of purchase orders, checks, sales orders, shop orders, bills of material, bills of labor, invoices and receipts is generally captured in an ERP system.

SAP healthcare bends the data storage and analysis towards patient record keeping, insurance and prescription records, billing, payments, appointments and medical procedure scheduling. For example, I would guess a hospital with only two MRI machines would have the ability to schedule to capacity and the software would allow us to look at the given schedule for MRI number one, MRI number two when needed.

Healthcare ERP is also encompassing ISO quality control requirements, i.e. when complaints and snafus are discovered they are logged into the system so that quality improvement managers can monitor and document quality levels, and engage in continuous improvement in the delivery of services.

I believe SAP is available running on ORACLE DB servers, with some reporting in PL/SQL and some business logic in cobol and other transaction processing business math oriented languages. Data entry layers are usually served these days with asp or php driven html form in a cgi ssl submit structure.

But I really don't know much about it.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:44 PM

78 posts, read 285,541 times
Thanks
Do you know how health care modules of SAP work in pharma ?
Any idea about business or programming will be appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment