Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU vs NA
European Union 91 46.67%
North America 104 53.33%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,890,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
And a huge difference in garden (yard) sizes as well.
Oh god definitely. Some people don't even have backyards in the cities.
Then some farmers have hundreds and hundreds of acres of land.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,549,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Oh god definitely. Some people don't even have backyards in the cities.
Then some farmers have hundreds and hundreds of acres of land.
We've got about 1/3 acre but many in the cities have none or the size of a postage stamp!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:29 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,280,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
There are plenty of big houses where I live, most are Victorian. Guess you didn't look up my street. You were probably looking at houses in the cities.
Yup, many people like to pretend housing is expensive in Europe because they're looking at property prices in the cities. I could do the same and say that houses in America are super expensive. After all, just look at the prices in San Francisco, New York or Seattle!
Also, I don't understand what's so bad about living in an apartment. I know many that are bigger than the house in suburban Cincinnati that my friend lives in. But at least it's a house, eh? I've also only lived in apartment in the US and don't mind that at all.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:35 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,549,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
Yup, many people like to pretend housing is expensive in Europe because they're looking at property prices in the cities. I could do the same and say that houses in America are super expensive. After all, just look at the prices in San Francisco, New York or Seattle!
Also, I don't understand what's so bad about living in an apartment. I know many that are bigger than the house in suburban Cincinnati that my friend lives in. But at least it's a house, eh? I've also only lived in apartment in the US and don't mind that at all.
Americans convert the price to dollars so of course the prices look outrageous here.

I lived in many apartments in the US and would never want to live in one again. We have a big garden, privacy, we have the freedom to remodel if we choose, no noise issues from neighbours or us.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Cities - All cities are despicable.
Weather - More variety in NA
People - Pretty much the same everywhere. Karma rules.
Sports - Baseball transcends mere sport. It is the essence of the universe. Other sports suck.
Economy - NA is possibly the cheapest place in the world to live. Everything you need can be found in dumpsters, from furniture to groceries. Things you have to buy are very cheap: food, gas, clothing, etc.
Scenery - Much easier to get to in NA, and less crowded when you get there.
Education - Europe, where the education system turns out educated people, not job trainees.
Nightlife - I sleep through that, unless night life is barking dogs.
Other - Medical care is a pretty obvious plus for EU.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:03 PM

26 posts, read 27,844 times
Most of Europe is bad except Scandinavia and parts of western Europe.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMai View Post
Most of Europe is bad except Scandinavia and parts of western Europe.
We are using this part of Europe

Old 11-01-2012, 02:48 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times
LOL, North america is winning??? come on!!

Something that city-data teach me is how the preconcieved notion that most americans are over the top chauvinistic is 100%correct. How can you guys say that north america is better than europe without blushing???

Europe is the best place in the world, SO amazing, it has EVERYTHING.

And it cant even begin to compare to north america, less to the USA, lol, you guys are delusional.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:54 PM

I cannot believe people are saying USA wins in scenery?? lol, to ALL EUROPE???
Have you been in italy? greece? austria? switzerland? france? spain? and i could go on forever??

Look, Argentina is as diverse as USA in scenery, and i would have to be drunk or drugged to dare to compare it to europe?? Have you seen the beaches in europe? the mountains? everything??

come on you guys

Old 11-01-2012, 03:03 PM

LOL, i have read a few pages and i still cant believe my eyes. In South america (and in any other place in the world were people arent completely delusional) you would have to be in a nuthouse to compare....USA and CANADA....versus: ALL WESTERN EUROPE...ALL THOSE COUNTRIES!!!!!! Seriously you guys, if you were doing USA vs UK or France, even when for me its no contest either, at least would be country vs country, to each his own....but you are comparing 2 countries.....against all of this WONDERFUL countries in europe??? I cant even believe this is a question, let alone that Europe isnt winning 99% / 1%.

Only AMERICANS can make this poll, believe it makes sense, and even make US win without blushing! In the rest of the world this is no contest, and would sound like a complete joke.

Seriously, the americans are self-centered delusional is completely proven correct with this thread. You guys have no idea. Its laughable. I dont know how you say this things without blushing, its just ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.