Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I watched a programme where a normal, if you can call him that, citizen in Arizona patrols the border in camouflage clothing and a machine gun, pistol and knife. He said he is stopping illegal immigrants from crossing the border, what gives him the right to do that! If anyone thinks that is just and normal, we aren't on the same wavelength and never will be, it boggles the mind.
Citizens are not allowed to posses, purchase, or carry machine guns without going through considerable loopholes. What you saw was probably not a machine gun, but an assault rifle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
For people from countries like Austria (small, safe, ...) this concept is probably just too bizarre to be understood.
There are no reasons to carry a gun here. But I guess the situation in America must be different.
I think we can leave this discussion at, the US and Americans are different from most Europeans. We have our way of life and we don't wish to have it changed, just like over there you have yours and want it the way you do What works in one country probably will not work in another

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 AM

54 posts, read 109,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think we can leave this discussion at, the US and Americans are different from most Europeans. We have our way of life and we don't wish to have it changed, just like over there you have yours and want it the way you do What works in one country probably will not work in another
Applying the term 'Europeans' is too broad of a term to brush. Switzerland has virtually full gun ownership for example and I believe the gun laws in Finland and Belgium are also very relaxed.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowaysis View Post
Applying the term 'Europeans' is too broad of a term to brush. Switzerland has virtually full gun ownership for example and I believe the gun laws in Finland and Belgium are also very relaxed.
I said most Europeans, my friend I'm aware of the Finns and Switzerland, but they are the two outliers in all of Europe (except NI, I suppose and maybe 1 or 2 other countries) so most Europeans is still pretty accurate, I'd say

Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
I don't own a firearm and I don't consider my freedoms to be encroached upon because of it.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Quote:
But it's not working in the US.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
But it's not working in the US.
It is working, my Canadian friend. Like I said, what works for us will probably not work for you. The 2nd Amendment works just fine for us

Old 11-06-2012, 11:30 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
Quote:
Citizens are not allowed to posses, purchase, or carry machine guns without going through considerable loopholes. What you saw was probably not a machine gun, but an assault rifle
Ok an assault rifle, my point is still valid. And it isn't working for you as you say. Your country would be safer without having nearly half a billion guns in your country.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 AM

54 posts, read 109,587 times
A free country or society is a country or society in which you are free to be yourself, as long as in doing so, you are not causing harm to others. That is to live free from persecution or prejudice, whether from government, organised religion or individuals, groups of individuals or corporations.

It has nothing to do with guns, which are often used to intimidate people and in doing so, rob them of their own freedoms.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
But how can it be working when many Americans feel the need to carry a concealed gun? We don't have work place shootings, movie theater shootings, church shootings or school shootings, these atrocities are rare in the UK, in the US there seems to be one a week.

Perhaps you can tell us unbrainwashed how the second amendment has made America a safer place to live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World