Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 PM

41 posts, read 81,946 times

Advertisements

Warmest?
Best nightlife? (Probably Miami)
Architecture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Rio de Janeiro by a mile for all the criteria. Its not really even close.

Honolulu is the most livable tho.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 20,327 times
Best Nightlife Miami over Rio? Not even close. Rio wins in every category.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,149,892 times
Did they move Rio into the U.S.?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:29 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,957,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Rio de Janeiro by a mile for all the criteria. Its not really even close.

Honolulu is the most livable tho.
Honolulu most livable? Subjective. Honolulu doesn't provide the same amenities that Rio or Miami does. I guess Honolulu would be the most "confortable" to live in of the 3. Honolulu probably has better scenary than Miami and is more tropical also. Rio is a tier or 2 above both Miami and Honolulu for sure. But Miami is definately a tier above Honolulu in the same categories that Rio is a tier above Miami in except maybe weather. Miami and Rio may not be peers, but neither are Miami and Honolulu.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:07 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,700,727 times
I would hate living in Hawaii.

Rio

Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,321,301 times
Rio just has a lot more to offer, but Rio is also much larger. I mean city proper it's about 6 million people and metro 12 million. Miami nor Honolulu don't come anywhere close.

Warmenst: Either Miami or Rio, but I believe Miami gets worse
Architecture: Definitely NOT Honolulu. Honlulu when I went I thought had HORRENDOUS architecture. It was either boring looking condo buildings or apartments in the style of motels.

Best Nightlife: Miami's is more exciting. Rio has better variety. Nod to Rio.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,673,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Honolulu most livable? Subjective. Honolulu doesn't provide the same amenities that Rio or Miami does. I guess Honolulu would be the most "confortable" to live in of the 3. Honolulu probably has better scenary than Miami and is more tropical also. Rio is a tier or 2 above both Miami and Honolulu for sure. But Miami is definately a tier above Honolulu in the same categories that Rio is a tier above Miami in except maybe weather. Miami and Rio may not be peers, but neither are Miami and Honolulu.
It has the highest quality of life by pretty much most quantitative metrics compared to Miami and Rio.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Honolulu most livable? Subjective.
Yes, it is.

I would rather live in Rio than either Honolulu or Miami and the fact that I am intimately acquainted with Brazilian people and culture is a major reason why, but Honolulu to me is a more pleasant, livable place than Miami. Not that Miami isnt pleasant or livable, but Honolulu strikes me as more so.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:39 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,300,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Rio just has a lot more to offer, but Rio is also much larger. I mean city proper it's about 6 million people and metro 12 million. Miami nor Honolulu don't come anywhere close.

Warmenst: Either Miami or Rio, but I believe Miami gets worse
Architecture: Definitely NOT Honolulu. Honlulu when I went I thought had HORRENDOUS architecture. It was either boring looking condo buildings or apartments in the style of motels.

Best Nightlife: Miami's is more exciting. Rio has better variety. Nod to Rio.
Rio is a great place but its nightlife is seriously overrated, at least from my experience. The biggest nightlife hub in Lapa is lots of (mostly lame) bars and some samba clubs, but mostly big crowds just hanging out and drinking on the street. The trendy neighborhoods of Ipanema and Leblon have a lot of great restaurants but not much nightlife to speak of. Buenos Aires has much better nightlife than Rio. And so does Miami. But depends on what you are after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World