Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bangkok vs Moscow vs Angeles City vs Beijing vs Tokyo vs Nairobi vs Seoul vs Addis Ababa
Bangkok 0 0%
Moscow 3 14.29%
Angeles City 2 9.52%
Beijing 0 0%
Tokyo 12 57.14%
Nairobi 0 0%
Seoul 2 9.52%
Addis Ababa 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 03:01 PM

779 posts, read 928,212 times

Advertisements

Which city has better;

Food -

Cost of living -

Single females -

Female massage therapists -

People -

Quality of living -

Weather -

Adult entertainment -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 06:57 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,972,199 times
Pretty wild comparison you have here. Literally none of these cities have anything in common with the others at all, except for being cities on planet Earth.

My personally I have been to Bangkok and would like it more if it modernized a bit and if the political unrest in Thailand could dissipate. Two after I saw Bangkok for the first time, the airport had shut down for several weeks and there is a very noticeable level of concern among the people there. That was then, I don't know now.

I would go with Tokyo and then Seoul closely afterwards. Tokyo is one of the Top 5 cities in the planet and the absolute best one in Asia. Seoul, in my personal opinion, is easily one of the worlds' Top 10 cities and well deserving of that distinction.

As for the rest, meh.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:01 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,762,258 times
Probably nobody likes the climate of Moscow, or Beijing.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:01 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,380,293 times
Angeles City, PH or Los Angeles, CA?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:41 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,963,772 times
Addis Ababa and Nairobi seem out of place in this poll.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:04 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times
I've been to almost all of those cities....from your list, it seems like you are an older single guy looking for things that older single guys look for....obviously Bangkok is your city.

The only one I couldn't answer for is NAROIBI, as I haven't been there yet. I imagine it COULD be like Bangkok, with many of the same characteristics that you like, but I am not sure.

Food - Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul,

Cost of living -Bangkok, Angeles City, Addis Ababa

Single females - Bangkok, Angeles City

Female massage therapists -Bangkok, Angeles City

People -Bangkok

Quality of living -Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul

Weather - Bangkok, Addis Ababa

Adult entertainment -Bangkok, Angeles City

Old 04-29-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Angeles City, PH or Los Angeles, CA?
I'm sure it's Angeles City, PH... a lot of old single men who are looking for the criteria he has listed, seem to come across Angeles City Philippines in their 'list of places for old western men to meet young women'.

I agree though, it's a tiny little town which wouldn't match up with any large international metro.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Pretty wild comparison you have here. Literally none of these cities have anything in common with the others at all, except for being cities on planet Earth.

My personally I have been to Bangkok and would like it more if it modernized a bit and if the political unrest in Thailand could dissipate. Two after I saw Bangkok for the first time, the airport had shut down for several weeks and there is a very noticeable level of concern among the people there. That was then, I don't know now.

I would go with Tokyo and then Seoul closely afterwards. Tokyo is one of the Top 5 cities in the planet and the absolute best one in Asia. Seoul, in my personal opinion, is easily one of the worlds' Top 10 cities and well deserving of that distinction.

As for the rest, meh.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I've been to almost all of those cities....from your list, it seems like you are an older single guy looking for things that older single guys look for....obviously Bangkok is your city.

The only one I couldn't answer for is NAROIBI, as I haven't been there yet. I imagine it COULD be like Bangkok, with many of the same characteristics that you like, but I am not sure.

Food - Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul,

Cost of living -Bangkok, Angeles City, Addis Ababa

Single females - Bangkok, Angeles City

Female massage therapists -Bangkok, Angeles City

People -Bangkok

Quality of living -Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul

Weather - Bangkok, Addis Ababa

Adult entertainment -Bangkok, Angeles City
Umm, I'm in my mid to upper twenties. Is that what you mean by older? And yes, I'm single. Thanks for the detailed response!

Quote:
I'm sure it's Angeles City, PH... a lot of old single men who are looking for the criteria he has listed, seem to come across Angeles City Philippines in their 'list of places for old western men to meet young women'.

I agree though, it's a tiny little town which wouldn't match up with any large international metro.
I wasn't going to honor such a ridiculous question with a response.

And yes, a lot of 'us older guys' are trying to see the world and all the women that it has to offer.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
Thanks!

Umm, I'm in my mid to upper twenties. Is that what you mean by older? And yes, I'm single. Thanks for the detailed response!

I wasn't going to honor such a ridiculous question with a response.

And yes, a lot of 'us older guys' are trying to see the world and all the women that it has to offer.
Ooops! Sorry!

Angeles City is basically a little tiny town in the Philippines with mostly entirely prostitutes/go-go bars. In general, it attracts a lot of retired older white men, who live out the end of their days in and around there.

So, anyone who seriously put that on a list compareable with Tokyo, Beijing, Seoul, etc...if they actually know what they city is exactly, that it kind of identifies who they probably are.

If you are only in your 20s, it might run itself thin real quick. You could go anywhere in the Philippines in your 20s, and have a great time. I doubt you'd want to just limit yourself to only prostitutes who spend most of their time with 70-year-old plus men. It's basically a niche market. Sure, there are 20-year-old men who visit for a few days at a time, maybe longer.

But, honestly speaking, it's a place where old white men who can't get a 'groove on' anywhere else; generally gravitates towards. If you are in your 20s, and abroad, you about 50 years too soon to consider that as a 'best place' for yourself.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Ooops! Sorry!

Angeles City is basically a little tiny town in the Philippines with mostly entirely prostitutes/go-go bars. In general, it attracts a lot of retired older white men, who live out the end of their days in and around there.

So, anyone who seriously put that on a list compareable with Tokyo, Beijing, Seoul, etc...if they actually know what they city is exactly, that it kind of identifies who they probably are.

If you are only in your 20s, it might run itself thin real quick. You could go anywhere in the Philippines in your 20s, and have a great time. I doubt you'd want to just limit yourself to only prostitutes who spend most of their time with 70-year-old plus men. It's basically a niche market. Sure, there are 20-year-old men who visit for a few days at a time, maybe longer.

But, honestly speaking, it's a place where old white men who can't get a 'groove on' anywhere else; generally gravitates towards. If you are in your 20s, and abroad, you about 50 years too soon to consider that as a 'best place' for yourself.
Oh np. When I said I wasn't going to honor his question with a response, I was referring to kent_moore's ridiculous question about Los Angeles...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World