Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 11:46 PM

98 posts, read 117,740 times

Advertisements

Yes we only eat chicken! Hahah

Keep thinking that! Maybe we will improve and dominate your cuisine and it's scene like we dominate your sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 12:36 AM

338 posts, read 335,122 times
Jewish people do really eat Chinese food during Christmas. I wonder what they eat elsewhere.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Chicken feet, I had that a couple times in soup I like it. lol

We have this foodstuff called ''Bakes'' its basically fried dough so nice! In Jamaica they call it ''Fried Dumplings''' everywhere else in the English-Caribbean call it Bakes, Jamaicans! I swear they have to call everything a different name lol

Fry Bakes Caribbean-Saint Lucia) Recipe - Food.com

Also there's doubles from the Indo(South Asian)-Caribbean influenced islands (Trinidad, Guyana, Grenada)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubles_(food)

And Stew chicken *drools***

Brown stew chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We call them dumplings in the US. Chicken and dumplings is popular in the American south.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The further north in Europe you go, it is true the less spice is used.

If you pluck a prawn out of a cold fjord, its sweet, subtle flesh needs no seasoning because it is clean and pure, its true, delicate flavor is available.

In tropical and other warm locatons, food rots quite quickly in the hot sun and humid atmosphere. The waters the food drinks or grows in are soups of bacteria, and thus spices and long cooking are needed to cover the putrid, rotting smells and flavors.

OK, that was a bit eccessive, but it contains a kernal of truth. And for what its worth, I have a sophiticated enough palate to appreciate any cuisine from the most pure and 'bland' to the most hot, spicy, and complex. Just like bland food can be good or bad, so can 'flavorful' food.
Hmmm, you make a good point here. This is true in the US as well. Lousiana cooking as we know tends to be spicy as hell. A good chunk of it is plucked from the humid bayous. Minnesota and most northern areas tend to have more plain cook styles.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
But Fried Chicken is tastey! Though I like Fried Chicken I prefer home made over KFC or some random Chicken hut. Also I swear the last time I had Fried Chicken was last year.

Its all to do with Culture rather than race, all of these stereotypes are cultural ones.

Black people can dance good? Well, African derived/influenced Music is up-beat and is suppose to be danced to, Parents will dance Children will copy and begin to learn how to sing etc. Even if you don't know how to dance chances are is that you like to bop your head to the rhythm. This is why I think a lot of African-derived music is popular around the world.

Black people love chicken? Not all Black groups but certainly Afro-Caribbean and African Americans I personally prefer Fried Fish (Chicken gets old).

Black people can run fast? Well, its been said that certain ethnic groups are better at doing certain physical activities than other groups...
As you know, I am an American black and some of these are true for me and others not and some conflict with one another. I love chicken. I am a black man who loves chicken. But I don't usually like to fry it. I prefer grilled then baked to fried. I love fish too and this is something Black Americans also love.

I can't dance to save my life which is very ironic because I write and produce dance music LOL

Running? Depends what's chasing me. I am probably the least athletic person, of any race that you will ever meet.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I'm Black I LOVE animals!

I miss my cat
Same though I'm a bird person.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:33 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
As you know, I am an American black and some of these are true for me and others not and some conflict with one another. I love chicken. I am a black man who loves chicken. But I don't usually like to fry it. I prefer grilled then baked to fried. I love fish too and this is something Black Americans also love.
I still can't get my head around that stereotype... Who doesn't like chicken?

Old 12-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I still can't get my head around that stereotype... Who doesn't like chicken?
Good point. People may say that they don't like fish, don't like turkey, don't like beef or pork but it's exceedingly rare to hear someone say that they don't like chicken. Of course now that I've said that, someone in this thread probably will.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:35 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
We call them dumplings in the US. Chicken and dumplings is popular in the American south.
OK, but do you fry them in oil so it gets all puffy?

Quote:

I can't dance to save my life which is very ironic because I write and produce dance music LOL

Running? Depends what's chasing me. I am probably the least athletic person, of any race that you will ever meet.
Same I love Chicken but I prefer it Grilled, Stewed or Baked to fried.

Quote:
Same though I'm a bird person.
Oh you like ''birds'' huh

Old 12-14-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
OK, but do you fry them in oil so it gets all puffy?

Same I love Chicken but I prefer it Grilled, Stewed or Baked to fried.

Oh you like ''birds'' huh
Haha. I don't eat chicken and dumplings.

As far as how I live my chicken, well tonight, I am stir frying it and putting it in some Tortillas with home made salsa and making chicken soft tacos. The things I learn living in a mostly Mexican community 5 miles from the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World