Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:44 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times

Advertisements

Does it surprise you? north america so unhappy? south and central america so happy? africa and russia so unhappy? etc

one thing that surprised is the entire southamerica in the happy side, except for bolivia and mostly uruguay. so odd

Also, the happiest nations are all(except for vietnam) in south and central america. why would that be?

this is according to time magazine, link: http://time.com/3594543/happiest-cou...ps-costa-rica/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 03:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Does it surprise you? north america so unhappy? south and central america so happy? africa and russia so unhappy? etc

one thing that surprised is the entire southamerica in the happy side, except for bolivia and mostly uruguay. so odd

Also, the happiest nations are all(except for vietnam) in south and central america. why would that be?

this is according to time magazine, link: Maps Show Happiest Countries in World: Costa Rica, Vietnam, Colombia
For every silly survey, there is one that says the opposite.

Canada ranks 6th in global happiness survey - World - CBC News

Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Kind of disappointed that intelligent people take surveys like these seriously.

Do you really need an internet article to tell you you are happy?

Old 11-19-2014, 03:14 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,758 times
happiness is very cultural... from my experience, the richest the country = the most stressed unhappy people tend to be

Old 11-19-2014, 03:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
happiness is very cultural... from my experience, the richest the country = the most stressed unhappy people tend to be
happiness is personal in my opinion.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:20 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Indeed. The poorer the country = the more happy they are that they got some food today and survived.

Some Indians in a Mumbai slum might be really happy because they didn't get tuberculosis today, while a Danish person might get unhappy that he has a doctor's appointment already at 8am. Oh how early he has to wake up. = Indians are happier than the Danes.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
happiness is personal in my opinion.
No! You will be happy ONLY when a survey tells you so !!!

Old 11-19-2014, 03:26 PM

2,617 posts, read 3,456,975 times
Quote:
I agree that money that money does not equal happiness, but it doesn't mean that rich people are necessary unhappy. Really, living in more comfortable conditions, eating better food etc. is rather plus than minus. Just some peopl think that for money they can buy everything, including happiness, and they start to buy useless things, and it quickly annoys them, forgetting that having everything does not make them happy.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
I agree that money that money does not equal happiness, but it doesn't mean that rich people are necessary unhappy. Really, living in more comfortable conditions, eating better food etc. is rather plus than minus. Just some peopl think that for money they can buy everything, including happiness, and they start to buy useless things, and it quickly annoys them, forgetting that having everything does not make them happy.
I remember an article once where they stated that money does buy happiness....to a point. If you don't have enough money to have food, shelter, clothing etc, you will be most likely not too happy. If you have money to cover that and more for better shelter, better clothing, travel, nice car etc you should be pretty satisfied if not happy.
Thinking that getting that bigger house, or luxury car is going to make you happy is where some go wrong. It might give you a moment of happiness, but real happiness comes from human interactions and relationships.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:31 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Interesting...

5 (Belize, El Salvador, Jamaica, Venezuela, Guatemala) of the top 10 happiest nations are also in the top 6 out of 195 countries with the highest homicide rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World