Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:52 PM

8,873 posts, read 8,468,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud canadian View Post
It must cut deep into your ego to know that Scotland can't even achieve independence. It really is a basic achievement.
This is so low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,451,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
The Germans would wipe your country out in a war. So would the French and the British so don't get off your high horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
This is so low.

Did this ass hat delete his posts? I can't find them.

Either way, I guess typically Canadian of me, but I apologize for the mouth piece from my country.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:32 PM

653 posts, read 744,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Lifting the restrictions doesn't automatically mean jumping into wars. It seems a tad unfair when China is constantly stretching her muscles while Japan can only sit there and do nothing, doesn't it? And Japan wouldn't be the one that attacks anyway, China is far more aggressive nowadays.

That being said, I certainly don't want a Sino-Japanese war the sequel happening within my life time. The possibility of being dragged into that huge mess is pretty high, for us.
I don't think China will seriously want to get into a conflict within the next 30-40 years.

Yes, their foreign policy will become exponentially more hawkish and far more aggressive. Their fighter planes and naval ships will become far more aggressive.

However, they will try to avoid any conflict for the next 30 years at least.

A couple of points here:

1) Even if the US stays completely out of any conflict, China will still lose a war with Japan - on the condition that the hypothetical war occurs within the next 30 years. This is because Japan still maintains a clear technological edge and has far better power projection capabilities and maintain superiority in training, C&C systems.

Please note the above scenario excludes the use of China's nuclear arsenal and the involvement of the US.

Also, this scenario is only for the next 30 years, After 30 years, all bets are off - because China's military should have advanced to the stage where it still would not attain parity with Japan but enough to pose a credible threat.

2) A war would simply destroy China's economy. China's economy is so dependent on maritime trade that any form of blockade or economic sanctions would result in hundreds of millions of Chinese workers losing their jobs.

Again, this above scenario is valid for only the next 30 years. What China is doing now is crafting a whole range of FTAs and trade agreements like RCEP to lock the whole of the Asia-Pacific region into China's economy; for the next 30 years, the economies are still inter-dependent; but after the next 30 years, assuming all goes well, when people say the economy of East Asia, they really mean China's economy (while the US is still dithering over the TPP).

China's economy is already undergoing a massive slow down and contraction; it is very unlikely to reach the level of US-style global economic powerhouse within the next 40 years or even the economic powerhouse of Asia for the next 40 years; the best that China can even hope for within the next 40 years is to be a economic powerhouse of the Asia-Pacific region, but its influence will not reach into Australasia, or South Asia or Eurasia.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:39 PM

8,873 posts, read 8,468,693 times
^Oh I don't think a war is gonna happen either, just that I see nothing wrong with Japan's military restriction lifting, from a foreigner's point of view(especially a Taiwanese one).

Old 03-11-2015, 05:06 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,907,853 times
Here is the thing the layman doesn't understand about the resistance fighting ISIS. They don't want Western (or Japanese) troops. They only want weapons, training, and money. The militias fighting with the Iraqi Army said they would also fight any foreign boots on the ground.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,859,930 times
Well why are Brits, Europeans, Australians and Americans dying fighting along side the Kurdish and being treated like martyrs?

Course they want weapons but that's from our governments. Brits are going over to fight ISIS and are being welcomed, armed and treated like brothers by the Kurds.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:38 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,819,929 times
What a stupid post, why should they be forced to send troops, the current set up is probably the most effective way to fight ISIS in the Middle East, another Western intervention will do nothing but turn the population once again against us and help ISIS gain support.

What's currently happening in Libya and Iraq hopefully is a lesson to all the Western World which should just realize that many countries all over the world aren't ready for democracy and that military intervention just causes further unrest destabilizing them.

For anyone currently interested in IS and the religious ideas on which it's founded should read this article, even though it's quite a long read: http://http://www.theatlantic.com/fe...-wants/384980/

Old 03-11-2015, 05:44 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,819,929 times
Also, we should just realize where our real enemies are located, most of the funding for ISIS comes from the Gulf States and particularly from Saudi Arabia, those countries hardly do anything to stop it and one of them is even amongst USA's largest allies.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:15 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,859,930 times
Saudi did fund them but now they have created a monster that is closing on their border and they are fighting them. Crazy I know.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,964,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
The U.N should pass a resolution allowing Japan and Germany to send thousands of troops to deal with ISIS. Should this happen, in less than a month the game will be over and there will be a long lasting peace in the middle East.
Neither can even get required troops there much less supply them. Germany is like other NATO members other than US to never have meet the NATO requirement to spent 2% of budget on military. Paper tigers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World