Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 11:31 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Only 8000 Mexicans throughout all of Italy, that's a really low number given how many USA citizens there are. There are large Ecuadorian and Peruvian communities but i haven't seen many Ecuadorian and Peruvian ethnic restaurants. Brazilian and Argentine ones for example are more common despite these communities having far lower numbers
Hmm....that is interesting. Maybe because Brazil and Argentina are more well known in Italy due to immigration ties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 08:40 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I know how proud Spaniards are of their paella, hehe...I had homemade paella a few times in Salamanca, does that count or does it have to be from Valencia?
Ooooh no no no no no no, it's not true paella unless it comes from Valencia.
You also need to dress up like this when you cook it.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:01 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Hmm....that is interesting. Maybe because Brazil and Argentina are more well known in Italy due to immigration ties?
I think it's both counties are more known both culturally and gastronomically due to them being more easily accessible touristic hotspots for Italians. It wouldn't surprise me if more and more Ecuadorian and Peruvian started opening restaurants though, i have heard they have a lovely cuisine

Old 03-14-2016, 10:57 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
I think it's both counties are more known both culturally and gastronomically due to them being more easily accessible touristic hotspots for Italians. It wouldn't surprise me if more and more Ecuadorian and Peruvian started opening restaurants though, i have heard they have a lovely cuisine
Peruvian restaurants are pretty common in the U.S.

However, Ecuadorian is much harder to find. I don't think I ever had Ecuadorian food unless it was a part of generic Latin American food.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:47 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Peruvian restaurants are pretty common in the U.S.

However, Ecuadorian is much harder to find. I don't think I ever had Ecuadorian food unless it was a part of generic Latin American food.
I've never been to a Peruvian or Ecuadorian restaurant. Just for fun, I Googled to see if we had any in Vancouver.

Turns out we have 3 or each. Looks like I've got some exploring to do !

Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I've never been to a Peruvian or Ecuadorian restaurant. Just for fun, I Googled to see if we had any in Vancouver.

Peruvian food is great! I've never had Ecuadorian, but it I recently came across some recipes and they looked really good.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Ooooh no no no no no no, it's not true paella unless it comes from Valencia.
You also need to dress up like this when you cook it.
I see what you did mischevious one, I fell in your trap!

Old 03-14-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
But their (Argentina/Brazil) gastronomy consists of alot of Italian food. Lol

Old 03-14-2016, 02:29 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:

Around here, Peruvian and Bolivian dishes are often served in the same restaurant. Occasionally, they include Argentinian.

That seems to be the standard.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:18 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:

Trip Advisor lists 17 Peruvian restaurants and 2 Ecuadorian ones in Milan, several of them with rather questionable recensions. There's 24 Brazilian restaurants instead

Quote:
But their (Argentina/Brazil) gastronomy consists of alot of Italian food. Lol
I don't think those restaurants would serve much Italian food, it would make no sense for someone to go to a restaurant to have the foreign version of its country's traditional cuisine.

Brazilian restaurants are either steakhouses, fusion between Brazilian and Japanese (due to the country's large Japanese community) or present tropical dishes and cocktails
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World