Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2016, 12:05 PM

783 posts, read 696,060 times

Advertisements

Do you believe that political globalization is necessary to manage the 21st century?

I have noticed two opposing trends. Corporations fighting for more globalization while democracies fighting for more localization. Do you believe that this will on net benefit the average person on the planet?

1. Do you believe that economically the average person will be served by smaller political bodies?

2. Do you believe that the environment will be more effectively kept by smaller political bodies?

3. Do you believe that socially, a smaller political body is more representative or desirable?

Do you believe that human beings live more ideally governed by smaller political institutions?

Multi-national corporations are here to stay. Nothing will change that. However there still is much uncertainty about whether or not the EU will survive. I just wonder if people think that on net, human beings will be better off dealing with global issues with their governments representing a smaller and probably more homogenous population.

Maybe it will be easier to pass laws that the population supports. Maybe it will be harder to make waves in the world with a smaller stick. Go ahead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 11 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,923,623 times
There is Globalization happening far beyond any Corporate or Political identification. Outside of those exact themes of focus, there is varying demographic migration of people between every area region city town country, massive distribution of resources, mindful widespread expanse of Knowledge, Cultural variation alliance, materialistic interconnectivity, advance of universal wisdom, Understanding of exotic outlook to philosophical reflection, and International Combining of stable harmonization between anywhere while maintaining unique vibrancy.

Basically, the key word terminology other than "Corporate" or "Political" is International migration, Distribution Of Anything Real quantifiable to "Resources", Dissemination Of Knowledge, Regional Culture, Materialism past the national border, Trading Of Major Ideas, Reconciliation between unfamiliar territory of key daily lifestyle differences of occurrence, and Deep Very Spiritual Global Integration of Universal Existence to a very accurate infinite power.

Extremely Legitimate Global Map Of Significant Matter Forever

Last edited by ; 04-23-2016 at 07:55 PM..

Old 04-23-2016, 08:21 PM

783 posts, read 696,060 times
What you say is true, however I focus on these areas because they represent what generally seems to be people's greatest priorities and challenges in life, politics & economics. They seem to have opposing incentives. Economics favors diversity in order to take advantage of price differences. (We all like buying low and selling high) However politics favors homogeneity. People often complain about differences race, inequality, beliefs etc.

It does seem to work easier to have everyone essentially believe the same thing and look the same from a political standpoint. However that is in no way the world that we live in. And some of the challenges that we face today i.e. Climate change, are making it nearly impossible for us not to deal with global governance.

I just wonder if people think that we can tackle climate change or multi-national corporations effectively with 100s of countries each pursuing their own interest. It seems to me obvious that it will make it harder to do so. Or is it simply better to keep things the way they are because we have to overcome the unique challenge of integrated societies by trying to have larger political institutions like the EU. Maybe that is more pain than it is worth.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:17 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 11 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,923,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicist027 View Post
What you say is true, however I focus on these areas because they represent what generally seems to be people's greatest priorities and challenges in life, politics & economics. They seem to have opposing incentives. Economics favors diversity in order to take advantage of price differences. (We all like buying low and selling high) However politics favors homogeneity. People often complain about differences race, inequality, beliefs etc.

It does seem to work easier to have everyone essentially believe the same thing and look the same from a political standpoint. However that is in no way the world that we live in. And some of the challenges that we face today i.e. Climate change, are making it nearly impossible for us not to deal with global governance.

I just wonder if people think that we can tackle climate change or multi-national corporations effectively with 100s of countries each pursuing their own interest. It seems to me obvious that it will make it harder to do so. Or is it simply better to keep things the way they are because we have to overcome the unique challenge of integrated societies by trying to have larger political institutions like the EU. Maybe that is more pain than it is worth.
Correlations exist between Digital Globalization Index compared to the Corporate or Political undertones. What people require is actual vision when deeply immersing themselves into the everyday lifestyle. To navigate between bright optimistic spiritual versions of Globalization while avoiding the negative cynical fatalistic tragedies. The right corporations(Airbus, Lenovo, Toyota) without the sterile or tacky ones that aren't even necessary(Mcdonald's, especially in Italy, Ikea, Arch Coal Inc.). Always encourage Independent Entrepreneurial Spirit, especially with Cafes, Bars, Nightclubs, and any other Business store. Multinational friendly atmosphere Globalization is far beyond the narrow window of only economic activity. Having to remember all of those significant modes of expression to create a complex migration of demographics between countries, including knowledge, science, education, high quality of life, business stores, urban landmarks, neighborhoods, and outside of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World