Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 04:06 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
DC comics has recently moved their headquarters to Burbank from new York, movie production is up, new museums are being built, tram system is being upgraded, new stadium, lots of cool stuff happening there
That doesn't mean people are going to like it anymore. It is still the most hated city certainly in the western US and possibly nationwide. Los Angeles isn't a very attractive place nor is it very pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 04:10 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
No sensible person does.

However, like it was mentioned earlier, it is a real possibility because they really wouldn't have to build much. Easy bid for them.
4 million live there. They're building their tram system, game developers from naughty dogs, activision, riot games, sledgehammer games, and more are based there. WB and others have studios there, they have a growing down town, hiking in the mountains, tech companies on the coast, universal studios theme park, lakes, resturants, and tons of other things, what's not to like?

Old 08-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I think San Diego would be better, LA just seems very spread out, plus they already hosted. SD wasn't chosen though- maybe the infrastructure isn't enough to sustain the games.
The problem with SD is that the venues would have to be quite spread out, many perhaps not technically in the city of SD so the IOC would have to work with several city governments. A good place around SD would be Chula Vista which already has an Olympic Training Center and room for development. Water sports events however would be in SD, quite possibly Mission Bay which as you know is no where near where an Olympic Village etc. would be in CV.

It's not impossible though and I think SD would be a great Olympic city.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
That doesn't mean people are going to like it anymore. It is still the most hated city certainly in the western US and possibly nationwide. Los Angeles isn't a very attractive place nor is it very pleasant.
I get that, but I still personally like it from my trips over there

Old 08-11-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I agree and SD has a nice chill vibe.
On the west coast I would put San Diego first, Seattle second.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I get that, but I still personally like it from my trips over there
Well then you have your own special Winterfall Olympics there.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
4 million live there. They're building their tram system, game developers from naughty dogs, activision, riot games, sledgehammer games, and more are based there. WB and others have studios there, they have a growing down town, hiking in the mountains, tech companies on the coast, universal studios theme park, lakes, resturants, and tons of other things, what's not to like?
You just gave excellent reasons why the Olympic SHOULDN'T be there. All these things (many of which aren't even unique to LA) make the city already crowded and unpleasant and now you want to add 8 days of more congestion? LOL

Special Olympics man.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You just gave excellent reasons why the Olympic SHOULDN'T be there. All these things (many of which aren't even unique to LA) make the city already crowded and unpleasant and now you want to add 8 days of more congestion? LOL

Special Olympics man.
it'll happen. The EU is afraid of Hungary due to their questioning of refugees so they're out, Paris is pretty much terrorist controlled territory, that leaves LA.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:22 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,179 times
I really wonder which city is going to get it.
To be fair, Olympic games seem to be more and more an abysmal financial loss than anything else but hopefully that is wrong.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
I really wonder which city is going to get it.
To be fair, Olympic games seem to be more and more an abysmal financial loss than anything else but hopefully that is wrong.
I hate to agree with winterfall not because I don't like LA but more because he's two tacos short of a combo plate. However, he makes a good case for LA, not because of his insane statement about Paris but because LA really wouldn't have to build much of anything so it would hardly be a loss for LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World