Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 PM

37 posts, read 64,151 times

Advertisements

I have been reading so much info about Casper, WY that I figure why not ask for more. My husband has been offered a job there and we are currently deciding whether he should take it. We are a family of 5, 2 girls ages 14 and 13, and 1 boy age 12. My youngest and oldest are in band, my middle child is in choir and orchestra. I need good schools that will allow them to continue on their accelerated path. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I like quiet, safe neighborhoods. We will be renters, at least to start off with. We would be moving from NW Arkansas. I would like all the info anyone can provide me with...the good, the bad, and the ugly (or pretty). Thank you in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Can't imagine needing something you can't buy in Casper. Good rec center and Parks and Rec Department. Decent symphony orchestra. Lots of clubs. Close to Casper Mtn., which some mountain snobs disregard because of it's relatively low altitude, but it's very enjoyable and fun for quick getaways. Fun bluegrass festival there every summer.

Windy. Almost always pretty windy. I like it. Some don't. Lots of outdoor things to do and the wind doesn't stop you. I think housing is expensive.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:58 PM

37 posts, read 64,151 times
Thank you for your response. Yeah, shopping is a must as well, lol.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Your biggest problem, as renters, could well be your pets. If you're not at all picky, you'll be okay, but if you want something nice, be prepared for difficulty in locating your rental. I'm not saying it can't be done, just warning that pets can be a problem for renters. And for landlords.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 AM

38 posts, read 55,543 times
I agree with the pets maybe being a problem in finding a rental in a quiet and safe neighborhood. The rental market here is a little better than it was in recent boom years but that is mainly because several new apartment buildings have been built. Many if not all of these won't allow pets in those numbers.

Casper has a lot to offer to a family with children. I can't speak for the quality of the schools (we home school) but I do know they still have music/art programs. As your kids get older they can take free college courses at Casper College through the BOCES program. Many high school graduates graduate with their diploma and a 2 year degree in hand. This is a great program for advanced and accelerated learners.

Shopping is decent but depending on your desires you still might find yourself taking a trip or two to the front range of Colorado for certain brands and definitely a bigger selection.

What other questions do you have?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: