Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 05:49 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,105,227 times

Advertisements

So we're coming to Wyoming this June and I have always wanted a pair of cowboy boots. Everyone who has ever had them say they are really comfortable and if you spend $250.00 and up you'll get a good pair that will last you 20 years or more. Plus me being a shorter guy, I could stand to grown a couple of inches. So we are planning to hit the Sheridan area as well as Razor City so if anyone has any idea where to get cowboy boots in Wyoming. I am not buying boots from a shop in Milwaukee, I want the real Wyoming boot store. Not a chain either unless it's a local chain. Plus I want to be able to say "These boots are right from Wyoming".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 06:22 PM

507 posts, read 661,822 times
In Sheridan, Brian's Boots on Main Street or the Big R Store over on Sugarland (behind the Taco Johns, and Fairfield Inn).
Should visit King's Saddlery downtown, even if you don't need a rope. Can't leave Wyoming without a King's cap.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:15 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,287,430 times
wrangler in Cheyenne

Old 03-15-2018, 09:48 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
Razor City? LOL I haven't heard that name in awhile. You must have some tie to Gillette to call it that. How about Donkey Town? I hear that now and then too. It was actually Gillette's original name for awhile, back when it was mostly a tent city and before Edward Gillette, engineer for the then-coming railroad, chose the current route for the rails.

And all this time you probably thought the city got its "Razor City" nick simply because it's the "sharpest town in the West."

Yeah, Gillette has a Boot Barn too. It might be a chain, however. I've never been there. If you can't find what you want in Sheridan, take a look when you get to Gillette.

I suggest a walking heel if you're not riding. You've heard the song, "These Boots Were Made for Walking." Well, some boots aren't.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:25 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,597,926 times
As a true blue Wyomingite I hate to say this, but the best selection is at Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota.

South Dakota Road Trip Stop

Old 03-16-2018, 07:59 AM

507 posts, read 661,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
As a true blue Wyomingite I hate to say this, but the best selection is at Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota.

South Dakota Road Trip Stop
They do have a ton of boots there...also a good western book section. Of course, you have to stop
there, just because, well you have to stop there. Have to go in the backyard and see the T-rex rise
up and awe the little kids, too. (My opinion Wall Drug is pretty proud of their boot offerings $$$)

I was thinking Boot Barn in Gillette, too. Your only local option I know of in Gillette otherwise is the
Farmer's Coop. There's a couple locations in town, they would know which one has the boot dept.

Quick story about Wrangler in Cheyenne. As I mentioned on another thread, I had for awhile the
assignment of taking European visitors around to rodeos. Of course, we had to stop at Wrangler.
I was just hanging out by the depot and they came back and said that a deer had come into the
store (downtown Cheyenne-middle of the day) and made a mess of things before going back out.
(I'm thinking, are they putting some stuff on sale?) Prongs hang out right in town, too.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:33 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post
They do have a ton of boots there...also a good western book section. Of course, you have to stop
there, just because, well you have to stop there. Have to go in the backyard and see the T-rex rise
up and awe the little kids, too. (My opinion Wall Drug is pretty proud of their boot offerings $$$)

I was thinking Boot Barn in Gillette, too. Your only local option I know of in Gillette otherwise is the
Farmer's Coop. There's a couple locations in town, they would know which one has the boot dept.

Quick story about Wrangler in Cheyenne. As I mentioned on another thread, I had for awhile the
assignment of taking European visitors around to rodeos. Of course, we had to stop at Wrangler.
I was just hanging out by the depot and they came back and said that a deer had come into the
store (downtown Cheyenne-middle of the day) and made a mess of things before going back out.
(I'm thinking, are they putting some stuff on sale?) Prongs hang out right in town, too.
Wall Drug has never billed itself as a discount store although the ice water is free, but that's OK. It's a vacation. Wall Drug is also the best tourist trap ever conceived by man; it's well worth the time and money. Its a trip back into yesteryear and real family vacations. So does Cody, come to think of it.

Wrangler had a great selection of H Bar C; their shirts were the best. There was a bar near there with no stools. There was a small sheep trough behind the bar where they kept the beer on ice. Everybody packed iron: all wheel guns.

Remember View-Master. Wall Drug carried them all and there were a bunch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View-Master

I assume that they carry this book as well. It's a good one.

https://smile.amazon.com/See-Your-Ou...by+your+outfit

A vacation out here isn't just a vacation to another place; it's a vacation to another time–a way better time. Cowboy boots aren't required, but the sure do help. A Stetson "Boss of the Plains" darn nears makes a man the real thing. Womenfolk look mighty good in them as well.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:49 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,287,430 times
Lou Taubert Ranch Outfitters Casper, one in Billings is closing down

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...TybKG83Q6oCNCA

in Billings is closing down . There are some Custom boot makes but $250 only makes a down payment . https://www.google.com/search?q=cots...yoming&ie=&oe=

Old 03-17-2018, 06:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,105,227 times
Thanks for all the input, we are going from Rapid City to, Gillette to Sheridan to Casper to Cheyenne then back to Milwaukee.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:32 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
I know there's at least one boot shop in downtown Buffalo. It's got other western wear, iirc. -- saddles, clothes, boots, etc. There might be a couple of them downtown. You'll be going past Buffalo on the way to Sheridan and again on the way to Casper, most likely. Buffalo is a neat little town. You might enjoy browsing the downtown area -- nice little museum if you can catch it open, great old-time saloon, very nice sporting goods store, other quaint little shops.

Somebody uptopic mentioned the Farmers Co-op in Gillette. The one with the western wear is just off the interstate at the Highway 59 exit, across the street and north a block from the Hwy 59 McDonalds.

Last edited by WyoNewk; 03-17-2018 at 08:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming