View Single Post

Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 AM
TnHilltopper

11,135 posts, read 14,214,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Anti-war Ron Paul all the way!

I wonder when we are going to wake up and realize that there is no winner in this situation. Our response to the car bombings, beheadings, oppression, radical religion and assassinations is to reduce cities to ash, torture and imprison without trial, empower religious zealots, and increase sectarianism and tribalism. The response is reactionary on both sides and the status quo is not changing.
Always nice to see another Ron Paul supporter.

I am not sure if people are capable of just waking up to it until it hits home or they are exposed to it in a more personal manner. I am reminded by the movie Apocalypse Now as there is a scene with Col. Kurtz where he says, "We teach young men to drop fire on people but won't allow them to write f*ck on their airplanes because it is offensive", and this prevails to this day.

I am willing to bet most people are not aware that blood and particularly brain matter has a distinct odor to it when it first leaves a body and it is something a person will recognize forever. I would also bet that if people were able to hear the gurgling sounds someone makes when they are drowning in their own blood and the look of panic they have on their face when they don't understand why they can't get air.

Removed from the tangible sights and sounds as well as the scenes of carnage that war brings and replace them with stock footage of burning cars, crowds of angry "different looking people" over dubbed with the constant droning of how war leads to stability, death leads to prosperity, life means more to the viewer than the images on the screen, and people will continue to purchase war no matter what the price.

It will however mean something entirely different to these people who have felt the life of a body leave while it rested in their very arms.

We have to remember that Iraq was a war of CHOICE, not one to defend ourselves and those that chose to enter in this war were not those pictured above or even you or I, but a small group of people who have decided the fate of millions of others based upon a vision of madness. None who have been held accountable for their actions, nor will they ever.