View Single Post

Old 07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
grdnrman

655 posts, read 2,330,701 times
Default Suburban & Syracuse Apartment Complexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwesse View Post
I'm attending SU in the fall for graduate school, and I'm looking for places to live in Syracuse some safe, clean and affordable apartment complexes. I have a car, so I would be willing to drive a little ways for a better apartment. Safety is a big concern for me, as there is a good chance I may be living by myself. I also have plenty of furniture, so I'm looking for places that are unfurnished.

I'll be visiting Syracuse in a couple of weeks, so I just want to get a handle on apartments to visit while I'm up there.
Hi rdwesse,

Here is the list of Apartment Complexes that I promised I would send you, organized by their suburb location. You told me that you might possibly share an apartment with another person in which case you could double the rent price. That is why I listed some of these places that have rents above your single-person rent range.

************************************************** ***************************************

TOWNHOME LISTINGS: ---- There are not a lot of decent rental townhomes to choose from in the Syracuse area. Townhomes are nice because no one lives below nor above your housing unit.

RADISSON COMMUNITY AT BALDWINSVILLE NY>>

Drumlin Heights Townhomes only (not apts.), Radisson NY - (Good Choice)=good location at a distance from the city, nice quiet forested/wooded community, paved biking/walking/jogging trails, small lakes/ponds, woodland wildlife, tennis courts, golf course, more. I'm suggesting only the Townhomes not the apts.
www.drumlin-heights.com/property-listings.htm
www.AFApts.com/107378
.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

LIVERPOOL NY>>

Hampton Estates Townhomes, Liverpool NY - (Good Choice)=because of price & location near quality apt. complexes, easy commute to Syr. city.
www.AFApts.com/107390
.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

MANLIUS NY>>

Academy Place Townhomes (not apts.) at Verbeck, Manlius NY - (Good Choice)=because of price & upscale suburb location. I'm not suggesting the apartments because there are apartments closer to Syr. city.
http://www.longley-jones.com/apts/?m...et2&id=952&c=1
www.AFApts.com/107348

************************************************** ***************************************

APARTMENTS:

CICERO NY>>

Cobblestone Square Apts., Cicero NY - (Good Choice)=quiet suburban residential area, park like setting/tall trees
www.AFApts.com/107372

New Country Apts., Cicero NY - (Good Choice)=convenient to Interstate 81
www.AFApts.com/229803

LIVERPOOL NY>>

Pinecrest Manor Apts., Liverpool NY - (Best Choice)=excellent buildings soundproofing, park like setting, quiet suburban residential area, everything included in rent=electric bill/heat/hot water/basic cable/air conditioned, well maintained [Noisy late night apartment partiers and late rent payments not acceptable]
www.AFApts.com/107410

Ravada Hill Apts., Liverpool NY - (Best Choice)=a newer quality complex in a good suburban location, well maintained
www.AFApts.com/107413
http://www.aptspotlight.com/syracuse...ravadahill.htm

Clayton Manor Apts., Liverpool NY (Best Choice)=a newer quality complex, well maintained, convenient location to commute to Syr. city
www.AFApts.com/107371

ABC Estates Apts., Liverpool NY
www.AFApts.com/228279

Lakeview Apts., Liverpool NY - quick commute to Syr. city & Carousel Center Mall & Farmers Market & Baseball Stadium
www.AFApts.com/205024

Kellars Lane Apts., Liverpool NY - Apt. management might be strict
www.AFApts.com/107398

Willow Stream North Apts., Liverpool - (Best Choice)=a newer quality complex near Major Mall & Multiple shopping Plazas/restaurants/grocery stores/more, commute via Expressway 481 & 81 to Syr. city
www.AFApts.com/229804

Willow Stream South Apts., Liverpool NY
www.AFApts.com/229805

Norstar Apts., Liverpool NY - Older large complex in a good suburban location with lower rent prices for the square footage space=an okay complex for the price, located near many of the Best & Good Apt. Complexes
www.norstarapartments.com/floorplans.htm
www.AFApts.com/107407

BALDWINSVILLE NY>>

Kimbrook Manor Apts., Baldwinsville NY / far east of village - (Good Choice)=decent suburban residential area, near Major Shopping
www.AFApts.com/107399

The Hammocks Apts. at Timber Banks, Baldwinsville NY / east of village - (Best Choice)=Upscale quality new complex with golf course & marina on the river
www.thehammocksattimberbanks.com/
www.AFApts.com/224926

RADISSON COMMUNITY AT BALDWINSVILLE NY>>

Center Pointe Apts., Radisson (Bville) NY - (Good Choice)=good heavily forested/wooded residential community with paved biking/walking/jogging trails-small lakes/ponds/woodland wildlife (deer/ducks/birds/rabbits/squirrels/etc.), tennis courts, park area, more
http://cp-living.com/community.php
www.AFApts.com/107363

CAMILLUS NY>>

Steeplechase Apts. at Weatheridge, Camillus NY - (Best Choice)=a quality, well maintained complex, near good shopping, good suburban location, commute to Syr. city via Expressway 695 / 5
http://www.realtymanagementconcepts....ase/index.html
www.AFApts.com/107421

Chicopee Mews Apts., Camillus NY - (Good Choice)=good complex, near good shopping, good suburban location, use Expressway to Syr. city
www.AFApts.com/107367

FAYETTEVILLE NY>>

Crystal Tree Apts., Fayetteville NY - Good countryside suburban location far eastern side of Fayetteville, family owned & managed
www.AFApts.com/107376

MANLIUS NY>>

Suburban Park Apts., Manlius NY - (Best Choice)=a newer apt. complex in an upscale suburb, a distance from Syr. city.
www.AFApts.com/107423

SYRACUSE CITY NY>>

Near Syracuse University east side:

Maplewood Gardens Apts., Syracuse NY - City location several blocks east of the University
www.AFApts.com/107403

South Edge of Syracuse city semi-countryside area:

Nob Hill Apts., Syracuse NY - Older large multi-story several buildings apt. complex with lower rent prices for the square footage space, south of the University area.
www.nobhillsyracuse.com/location.htm
www.AFApts.cim/107405

Franklin Square neighborhood area = reconstructed/remodelled/refurbished/repurposed classic buildings with modern features & amenities:

One Franklin Square (near downtown), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/242335

Lofts at Franklin Square (near downtown), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/216531

Franklin View Terrace Apts., (near downtown), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/229936

Downtown Syracuse = reconstructed/remodelled/refurbished/repurposed classic buildings with modern features & amenities:

Nettleton Commons (downtown), Syracuse NY
http://www.apartmentfinder.com/New-Y...ons-Apartments

Lakefront Lofts (downtown), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/228280

Lofts On Willow (downtown), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/216530

Clinton Square Suites (downtown), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/226369

Long Established Downtown Apt. Building Complexes:

Jefferson Tower Apts. (downtown-close to University Hill), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/107397

The James Apartments (downtown-James Street), Syracuse NY
www.AFApts.com/107426

That concludes my list of apartment complexes for you. Personally, I prefer the suburban complexes rather than the city complexes but you may want to live closer to Syracuse University and the Downtown area. The choice is entirely yours. Best of luck in selecting an apartment that you will enjoy. Have a great education and experiences at Syracuse University. Welcome to Metro Syracuse.

grdnrman

Last edited by grdnrman; 07-04-2012 at 03:47 PM..