View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 05:11 AM
MSPLove

1,873 posts, read 4,412,214 times

Advertisements

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them - Oprah's Lifeclass - Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube

Some may joke, "If you love it so much... why don't you marry it??" hahaha

Guess what? I would if I could.

This life lesson blows my mind to the point where I sat for an hour or two just thinking back on my entire life and where people showed me exactly who they were.

How many of you have heard this advice before and found it to be true?

I feel so peaceful, so refreshed. Because I know it's the honest-to-God truth. And I've shed a lot of tears over the past few days thinking back on how I let people hurt me. It was only their fault, in the very beginning. After that though, it was MINE. All mine. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Old saying but so, so true.

I am so excited to put this into practice for the first time this new year.

Anyone have any stories to share about when you learned this lesson in your life?

It's such great and freeing advice, because it's not about a way to fix a problem. It's a lesson about a problem that never had to exist in the first place. And will rarely, if ever, has to exist in your life again, if you so choose.

I'd be willing to bet that half of the threads in the Relationship Forum wouldn't have had to have been created, if the people had learned this life lesson first.