View Single Post

Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 PM
kayanne

6,507 posts, read 6,717,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

The only thing that finally made sense to me is that prayer has no effect on outcomes whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My experience has been quite different.
Quote:
No, I'm saying most of my prayers are answered in the affirmative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
But how do you know it was your prayer that caused the outcome? I'm being completely serious. Any "God answered my prayers" scenarios that I've ever seen, whether it was during my decades as a devout, praying Christian, or now in my humbly ignorant agnostic condition, were situations where there were other likely causes for the positive outcome (such as a doctor's skill, or even mere coincidence).

There is a website that I find very interesting, and I believe it asks many very important questions. The paragraphs below are from this website:
Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
Quote:
The one I pray to is my Heavenly Father. He knows me and I know Him. He loves and cares for me like no other. I make requests as part of my prayers, and He hears me and responds with what's best for me. I trust Him.

Nothing you have said has answered my question (bolded above). You are simply saying the same general pat answers that I recited for decades. I am asking you to really dig deep and truly answer what I am respectfully and genuinely asking.

And why has God never healed an amputee (as in, regrown a missing limb)? Is he unable? Why are the only "healings" we ever see are ones that could be attributed to medical treatment? I think these are valid questions, and ones that I have struggled with for a lifetime.