View Single Post

Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
JerZ

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So the reason we're cheated on is our bodies are no longer good enough. Gee thanks, that's what we get for years of standing by your side? No wonder the divorce rate is 50%. It should be more.
You know, I'll tell you something, and I'm not cynical, angry or anything else...I love my husband, and I love my family, but if my husband were to eventually leave me for another woman, I would have my own life and be myself and in some ways I think I'd really enjoy it.

I know that sounds horrible...and as I said, I do love my husband. But if he left me "for being old," or for any other reason, I would, for the first time in my life, kick up my heels and literally do what I wanted. I would enjoy every minute of deciding things based on what I wanted...not what someone else wanted.

Maybe nature makes men look toward young women who have the time and energy to pick up someone else's socks and to, like, you know, like, TOtally feel stuff like ya know romantic...in order to provide us 40-and-over woman with an eventual escape and relief-from-duty route.

I know being left hurts...but there are FAR worse things than being left. And though we may rail against nature and the "I want a young girl" bit, we can also look at it a different way...many, many women actually feel grateful later on that they wound up divorced and are leading their carefree lives, while their 45-year-old husbands are huffing and puffing trying to keep up with a 19-year-old who wants them to buy them, like, you know, stuff like, all the time and take them out five nights a week (after him having worked all day and not being a spry sprite himself any more) and who cry "You don't love me! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah" when their middle-aged units just can't keep up with 19-year-old energy.

So try not to worry too hard about being older than 25 (gasp) and being left. Let's hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, seriously, it could...not definitely will, but could...wind up being the best thing. If a husband wants a young chippie, there's nothing a 40-or-older wife can do about that anyway...he's going to want it. Let him! And if he does...come over to my house. We will go out and just tear the town up and I'll have a smile on your face, I promise! We'll do the dumbest cr*p ever and laugh like maniacs and trust me. You won't be sad for long!