View Single Post

Old 10-23-2019, 03:24 AM
Maksim_Frolov

5,786 posts, read 4,298,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I've already noticed that Russians basically don't see a difference between Putin's regime and the US, since both are "controlled by people with money," and the difference between American Republicans and Democrats looks very blurry from Russia.
Is it not true?

Quote:
(So as you can see the knowledge of history, "Gone with the wind" or "Terminator" don't really give the insight of what America really is and what makes it tick today.)
Of course you're right. But I am not an expert in the political system of the US and I am not at all interested in this. Nevertheless, I am a little aware of the events, so I can quickly figure out what's what if I need it.

Quote:
I already know that Russian propaganda machine carefully avoids any discussion/information about Bernie Sanders.

Because this would have opened the whole can of worms for Putin, since it would have exposed Russian population to the differences between American capitalism vs European capitalism, how Russians have been duped back in the nineties, and how Russian Democrats have been thrown under the bus basically by American Democrats of the corporate variety ( Clintons first of all.)
He lose. Why? Maybe because victory requires not only words, but also a lot of money and a support of the elites?