Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,060,220 times

Advertisements

These threads are not even on the first page here, yet City-Data declares them the most recent posts in Austin.

Makes Austin look pretty undesirable....

Austin, Texas (TX) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Recent posts about Austin, Texas on our local forum with over 200,000 registered users. Austin is mentioned 22,342 times on our forum:
Please give me 10 reasons why NOT to move to the Austin area. (572 replies)Anyone move to Austin....and hate it? (145 replies)Why I am (Gladly) Leaving Austin (110 replies)Austin experience: bore, expensive and ... (101 replies)My Visit to Austin (61 replies)Seattle vs. Austin cost of living comparison (100 replies)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,920,390 times
I noticed that too...perhaps one of the moderators can enlighten us!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:02 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,015,074 times
Maybe artsytroll is in control of which threads are listed?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:37 AM

124 posts, read 575,962 times
It's b/c you suck.... JK

Old 03-31-2008, 01:01 PM

5,865 posts, read 11,920,390 times
Actually, it's probably the ones that have the most replies now that I look at it. Of course there are so many responses because we all jump in to defend the negative posts, right?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:22 PM

681 posts, read 2,912,526 times
Maybe a lesson learned? "Leave them alone and they'll come home, wagging their tails (or tales) behind them"?
Bad news always draws a crowd. Even when it's not true.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:45 PM

23 posts, read 21,019 times
I saw those myself and responded to a few, feeling I needed to stick up for my city. The postings were extremely negative, and I wanted to see what people were finding wrong with the city that they felt a need to bash it. but then I realized what was up after reading them: Austin must have a great reputation outside the state, because people can't wait to find fault with it to prove it wrong, so they can pack up and go home (with their tail between their legs).

Don't read them, they're a waste of time. Just some people complaining that we're too nice and friendly or we don't have the right kind of East Coast Bagels. it's weird. so, it's not Austin, it's just people trying to find fault with the city - SO THEY HAVE A STORY TO TELL THEIR FRIENDS WHEN THEY GET HOME AS TO WHY THEY COULDN'T CUT IT LIVING HERE.

or Dallas residents, TROLLING Austin forums as usual, bashing us to make themselves look better.

(and that's exactly what people from Dallas do....those aren't Mexican Freetail bats flying out of Congress Bridge, oh no. Those are Dallas vampires looking to fly out and infect people with their poison....or suck them dry, whichever ruins a person's happiness and vitality first)

Last edited by allamericantx; 03-31-2008 at 02:56 PM..

Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM

23 posts, read 21,019 times
wait, did the other poster say "artsyTROLL" ? LOL!!

see, i told you people from Dallas like to troll Austin forums to pick from the weak and discarded as new recruits to Dallas. that's so gross. they would pick from the bottom of the barrell wouldn't they?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM

237 posts, read 379,704 times
I haven't read most of those threads,well except for " anyone move to austin..and hate it". Even in that thread there were only a few people who seemed to not like it here! On this board most people to me, seem to REALLY enjoy living here! For the sake of fairness,most of the other boards that i read ,have threads like i regret moving here BLAH,BLAH, silly comparsion threads of states,where some people bash one while praising the other. I've been lurking for about six months now,and really for my money this is the most positive board! Its always nice to see people who love where they live! I know when i lived in chicago(and LOVED IT!!!) i was surrrounded by people who were constantly bitching about how much they hated it, and it was very depressing and draining to be around! I just really wish if people have the chance to visit ALWAYS before moving!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 PM

325 posts, read 1,020,176 times
Default Mostly Positive on Austin Area!

I have been reading posts from all over the south trying to find a place that I would like to move to. I find Austins post WAY more positive than Florida, California or Arizona. The forum is one of the main reasons I came down on 2 visits to see why everyone loves Austin so much. I am a conservative who likes a smaller town, so I lean toward Georgetown but loved being close to Austin for all it has to offer. The people are so friendly and love living there for the most part. North Carolina people also seem to love their state. I want to live around happy people and Austin people sure seem positive and happy to me. Thanks to all of you from there who enlighten all of us about your great town. I love reading the posts. We do need to know the negatives too so we don't move there with rose colored glasses on. Realistic facts and opinions are what I appreciate, positive and negative. I Love the Hill Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum