Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:01 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,525 times

Advertisements

Apparrantly I'm being accused of trolling. It amazes me, all the information I post is accurate and correct. Unfortunately somewhere along the line I upset the real estate industry, so now I'm a target. It really doesn't bother me much, but I just figured I'd post this as my last post. Right now Florida is in a total mess all on account of real estate. It's easy to figure out who is part of the problem and who is part of the solution. We natives know, the rest of you will find out soon enough. Some of you were quite a lot of fun and also gave accurate information. To you I say keep up the good work! To the others I say buyer beware! Censorship still won't sell all these homes or lower the taxes or make home owners insurance go away, and it certainly won't fix the mess that has been made in our State. So I ask you are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?

Old 05-26-2007, 07:13 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Apparrantly I'm being accused of trolling. It amazes me, all the information I post is accurate and correct. Unfortunately somewhere along the line I upset the real estate industry, so now I'm a target. It really doesn't bother me much, but I just figured I'd post this as my last post. Right now Florida is in a total mess all on account of real estate. It's easy to figure out who is part of the problem and who is part of the solution. We natives know, the rest of you will find out soon enough. Some of you were quite a lot of fun and also gave accurate information. To you I say keep up the good work! To the others I say buyer beware! Censorship still won't sell all these homes or lower the taxes or make home owners insurance go away, and it certainly won't fix the mess that has been made in our State. So I ask you are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?
Agree with your comment... beware is your money and some might want to take you to the bank for good....

Old 05-26-2007, 07:18 AM

627 posts, read 2,848,944 times
Trolling!?!?! I hardly think anything you have posted can be considered that.

But, it is true... WHO is the group that was encouraging and cheer-leading the high prices and hype??

Anyway, I too agree with you firemed!!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:04 AM

372 posts, read 859,839 times
I'll take your baton and run with it. Everyone from the NAR to the Commerce Department and right on down the line have been trying to twist the recent sales information around to make it look like the housing boom is back on. They deny that there's a housing recession (NAR Economist Lawrence Yun calls it a "correction").

The reality of the situation, IMO, is the government foresees a recesession. The housing industry doesn't want to get blamed for the recession (that they caused), so they twist the numbers around to subdue the hysteria that would be created if they told the truth.

The latest example of this would be found in Friday's headlines, "New Home Sales Soar". They didn't soar. They increased 16 % from March's pathetic sales total, but they were actually DOWN over 10% from the previous year, which was also a bad year.

I just started a gooogle blog on the current housing situation. I want the United States to know the truth behind the numbers and the real resons why we're heading into a recession.

You can thank your realtors for that. Existing home sales account for 85% of all home sales, so the new home sales increase wasn't a huge part of the current home sale slump.

Housing accounts for about 23 percent of the U.S. economy, when taking into account purchases of furniture, appliances and items for new homes, according to the Joint Center for Housing Studies at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. With the current housing slump, the economy WILL take a cumulative dump. You can thank your realtors for that, too, because most of them are the ones who are encouraging the sellers to sell high.

Yet the realtors keep telling us, "Now is the time to buy!!!"

Last edited by nychiefsfan; 05-26-2007 at 08:19 AM..

Old 05-26-2007, 08:05 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,497,513 times
Default Did I miss a post??

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post

What the heck? Did I miss something??

Who cares if the real estate industry is upset with you, we are upset with it.
Do not stop posting Firemed, who cares what people think or say or do on a message board.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:08 AM

460 posts, read 2,343,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
What the heck? Did I miss something??

Who cares if the real estate industry is upset with you, we are upset with it.
Do not stop posting Firemed, who cares what people think or say or do on a message board.

I agree!! Please dont go anywhere!!! We enjoy your posts!!!

Jen

Old 05-26-2007, 08:21 AM

372 posts, read 859,839 times
I'm hoping some realtors will challenge me on my beliefs and research. So far, they haven't been able to prove anything.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Yeah, this is JUST a message board! Everyone has the right to speak here! And all of us natives and regulars know that the real estate spammers are the ones hyping things up.

Please keep posting, we need the "real facts" around here!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:30 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,743,962 times
I wouldn't call you a troll either. Personally I think it's good for the bad to be posted with the good. People need to know both sides before making a decision on if they want to move to Florida. I wouldn't let anyone scare you off or keep you from posting.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:54 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
firemed - You are far from a troll. I actually think you are one of the positive posters that tell the truth. Like others have said, this is a place for people to find the secrets of Florida. Some of that is great and of course some will not be great. The ones that refuse to see the downside of Florida are the ones that live under a rock or refuse to see the truth because it may hurt. Keep posting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum