Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 05:22 PM

11 posts, read 28,477 times

Advertisements

Hi, I posted my first message here a little while ago but realize I would like to change the thread title, can a moderator help me do that please? My post is in the Charlotte forum and is currently titled: "Weddington, Marvin schools, many questions!" I would like to change the title to: "Weddington, Marvin schools; overcrowding, re-assigning & special services questions." Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 06:05 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
One way to get a moderator's attention for a request like that is to go to the first post in your mis-named thread and click on the "report this post" button, the little red-rimmed triangle to the extreme right-hand side. The window that comes up will look something like the same kind of box you type a post in - which is because you ARE making a post, just in a private Moderators' forum that only they can access.

In that window, type a short, clearly worded request, like "Please change the title of this thread to ______, as I think it would more clearly describe the specific questions I have." And then be patient. All of the moderators on City-Data are volunteers, most have day jobs, and while reports are important, they may not be able to get to it immediately.

A second way is to find the Mod for that forum (there's a list of moderators and the forums they handle in the FAQ section) and send him or her a DM with the same request. Again, be patient; they'll answer when they can.

Have fun on CD!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 PM

11 posts, read 28,477 times
Thanks so much for this very helpful information! I can tell you're an old pro on this forum!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:59 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterjc4 View Post
Thanks so much for this very helpful information! I can tell you're an old pro on this forum!
<grin> Well, definitely old..... pro, maybe not so much. But I've picked up a few tidbits here and there. And I have a very vivid recollection of being a brand-new member here and feeling very lost, so I try to help where I can. Glad you found it useful!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
FYI, name was changed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum