Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 07:47 AM

322 posts, read 317,870 times

Advertisements

U.S. v. Tara Lee: Court Docket 19-CR-20128

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edmi/us...et-19-cr-20128

In an effort to assist those individuals who have been affected by this case, this webpage has been developed to provide court and case related information. This does not replace written notification to those identified as victims of the charged offenses, it simply provides an additional resource from which to obtain information.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to Courthouse renovations in Detroit, venue changes may occur. Please check the posting for the location of the scheduled proceeding.

8/20/2019 - Tara Lee entered a guilty plea pursuant to a plea agreement. Lee pleaded guilty to two counts of wire fraud, and admitted to all of the conduct outlined in the superseding indictment. Her advisory guideline range is 97-121 months. Judge Friedman will make the final determination as to defendant Lee's ultimate sentence.

A trial will not longer be necessary and instead, a sentencing hearing is now scheduled for November 19, 2019 at 11:30 a.m., before Judge Bernard Friedman.

PLEASE NOTE: All hearings are currently scheduled to take place in the U.S. District Court, 200 E. Liberty Street, Ann Arbor, MI before the Honorable Bernard Friedman. As stated above, venue changes may occur. It is recommended that you check this website or call Sandy Palazzolo at 313-226-9633 for venue location updates and to confirm hearing dates and times.

For a copy of the Plea Agreement: https://www.justice.gov/usao-edmi/pa...96876/download

I would strongly suggest to read the Plea Agreement and the statement of facts. Ms. Lee was a licensed adoption agency in MI. Clearly, the state of MI did not do proper screening or supervision of this adoption agency. And I would point out that I know of any state that does.

I will note that now the State of MI states that this adoption agency was never properly licensed. I would also note that the State of MI sent a letter to Ms. Lee demanding that her agency stop processing adoptions until a review of her activities was completed by their board. I'm not sure how they can ask this if she was not licensed in MI.

Last edited by xy340; 08-29-2019 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Adding additional information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption