Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:44 AM

674 posts, read 698,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
This is the reason Africa will always struggle in all areas of advancement; they seem to be unable to see past colour and look at corrupt lunatics like Mugabe for what they really are. When Mugabe caused a famine by killing the white farmers and turning their land over to blacks who had no experience in agriculture, the black Africans lauded him with accolades despite the fact they were starving in the street as a result. This is the equivalent of America looking back at the economic collapse in 2008 and lauding Wall Street for using taxpayers money to make a comeback despite the entire country suffering massively as a result.

Africans are, in general, the least racist of all people. If not Europeans would've never gotten a foothold as they would've been slaughtered upon contact. Instead we always trusted Europeans even though they've shown time and time again to not be trustworthy.
Now the vice president of Zambia is a European and Hellen Zille, a Euopean, holds considerable power in post-apartheid South Africa. Show me a European country that can boast of a high ranking non-white! In spite of the fact that Africans and Asians live there in much greater numbers and have no track record of racist, genocidal practices Europeans largely have yet to treat us like human beings. Unable to see past colour.......wow!

Your ignorance is astounding.....I assume you're American! Your arrogance also prevented you from reading what I wrote. I said that continental Africans admire Mugabe, not Zimbabweans. Ghanaians like me are not starving in Zimbabwean streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
In some ways, what has happened in Zimbabwe is the same thing that happened in Haiti over 200 years ago. Its amazing how people ignore history and then go about repeating it. That's great when the results are good, but when they are bad, well...

By the way, I think Wild Style is just an anti-white racist. That's the only way that I can make sense of someone supporting a beast like Mugabe. So many lives completely destroyed!

Here, look into the "paradise" known as Zimbabwe:

*Start of sarcasm* As everyone can see, since the whites are finally out of the picture, everyone is singing cumbaya and living a blissful life. A dream come true! *End of sarcasm*

With this I don't want to leave the impression that Rhodesia (or Zimbabwe under white rule) was ideal, that place needed reforms one way or another. Its just sad that some people let their resentment get the better of them, to the point that they support mass murderers, destroyers of civilizations, destroyers of wealth, destroyers of lives and hope like Mugabe.

Here's more about Zimbabwe:

You put alot of things in perspective. Zimbabwe does have alot of problems. People have let their resentment and anger get the better of them. Zimbabwe needed to shake off the shackles of colonialism. With that said, there was no plan in place to lead the nation in the right direction. It was all lead by strongman.

It is a weird catch 22. On the other hand, the land divide was disturbing. Whites owned 87 percent of the land and Blacks owned 13 percent of it, and Blacks got the worst land. On the other hand, kicking White farmers out of Zimbabwe isn't helping anything either. I know where the resentment comes from. However, letting this resentment fester and turn into something horrible is no good for Zimbabwe. Now Mugabe is in a position where he can do anything he wants, and it's disturbing.

There is a video about this I would like for you to look at:
Zimbabwe's situation, colonialism,etc. - YouTube

Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 PM

640 posts, read 717,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post

Your ignorance is astounding.....I assume you're American! Your arrogance also prevented you from reading what I wrote. I said that continental Africans admire Mugabe, not Zimbabweans. Ghanaians like me are not starving in Zimbabwean streets.
Exactlty, the ones not doing the dying.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
Exactlty, the ones not doing the dying.
As I stated before, we both know you don't give a damn. The West became involved because whites were thrown off of stolen land, not because black Africans are starving. If not for the whites this thread wouldn't exist.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:05 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
Quote:
As I stated before, we both know you don't give a damn. The West became involved because whites were thrown off of stolen land, not because black Africans are starving. If not for the whites this thread wouldn't exist.

Wherever black Africans are starving, Americans and Europeans come to their aid!
Why do you live in the US when you seem to hate what the country has done or not done for Africa?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 AM

640 posts, read 717,444 times
Quote:
As I stated before, we both know you don't give a damn. The West became involved because whites were thrown off of stolen land, not because black Africans are starving.
You do realize that we're not all economically enfranchised colonialists, right?

Quote:
If not for the whites this thread wouldn't exist.
Well, admittedly,the less than 10% of the Zimbabwean population that has internet access might have a hard time keeping up the pace.

It's a bit repugnant how you use sins of the past to promote sins of the present...but I suppose that's what racism does.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Wherever black Africans are starving, Americans and Europeans come to their aid!
Why do you live in the US when you seem to hate what the country has done or not done for Africa?
Where did that last sentence come from? Your username is warranted. A response to this nonsense is not.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post

Well, admittedly,the less than 10% of the Zimbabwean population that has internet access might have a hard time keeping up the pace.
Might have a hard time keeping up the pace of what? This slow thread?

Quote:
It's a bit repugnant how you use sins of the past to promote sins of the present...but I suppose that's what racism does.
The re appropriation of Zimbwawean land happened quite a while ago. This has nothing to do with the present as two or three elections have taken place since that took place. You guys are still fixated on it because it happened to whites. And I suppose that's what racism does...narrows your vision so that even though time goes by you can't see past what was done to the people who look like you. Realize that Zimbabwe has moved on and find something else to occupy yourself with.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 AM

EU to suspend Zimbabwe sanctions 'after referendum'
BBC News - EU to suspend Zimbabwe sanctions 'after referendum'

It's time for the rest of you whites to stop complaining and move on........

Old 07-25-2012, 03:37 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Quote:
EU to suspend Zimbabwe sanctions 'after referendum'
BBC News - EU to suspend Zimbabwe sanctions 'after referendum'

It's time for the rest of you whites to stop complaining and move on........
Well things have improved a little yet things were really terrible a few years ago. Mugabe is still in power and I know a Black Zimbabwean who left his country a few years ago and would not consider to live there again until Mugabe dies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa