Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 05:52 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorMegaman View Post

The bottom line is that the Moors were not white Europeans--no matter what you actually believe.

BOTTOM LINE
, the crack head nubian olmecs believe in claiming everything under the sun except fatherhood and personal responsibility.

"Federal data confirms that 73 percent of African-American births in 2010 were out of wedlock. Estimates for the percentage of African-American children growing up in single-parent households are slightly lower, at 67 percent."

politifact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 09:44 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
What exactly does this have to do with the discussion? Are you simply here to troll and race bait? The moors were African and a lot of them were black in skin color. They ruled Spain and Portugal for 700 years and brought Europe out of the dark ages. Do you agree with this? Do you disagree? I would welcome your input on pan-africanism--if you have any...

Your statistics are wrong, by the way, and White men are more likely to abandon their kids than black men. Just saying. Stop trolling...
The culture was was largely from the Arabian peninsula with minor contributions from the Berbers from the Atlas mountains as evidenced by contributions to the culture none from the Tuareg I can assure you. The knowledge that the Arabs brought to the Iberian peninsula in the Eight century was borrowed from other cultures they were largely ignorant desert nomads the Berbers even more ignorant. In addition you insisting that a lot of them were black in skin color is a pure myth refuted by the genetics of the current population of the Iberian peninsula. The myths about black Moors ruling in the historical Al Andalus are laughable.

Last edited by AFP; 01-14-2016 at 10:09 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
What exactly does this have to do with the discussion? Are you simply here to troll and race bait? The moors were African and a lot of them were black in skin color. They ruled Spain and Portugal for 700 years and brought Europe out of the dark ages. Do you agree with this? Do you disagree? I would welcome your input on pan-africanism--if you have any...

Your statistics are wrong, by the way, and White men are more likely to abandon their kids than black men. Just saying. Stop trolling...
He has a point black fathers are less involved with their kids than white fathers are in the USA that isn't news black fathers are far more likely not to live in the same household and thus spend less time with their kids on average.

The Truth About Race and Father Involvement | RealClearPolicy

Last edited by AFP; 01-14-2016 at 10:12 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 10:43 PM

Interesting video on Pan-Africanism. Clearly a lack of good leadership is standing in the way of the development of Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la9Ai2JMfBU

Old 01-15-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Again, what does this have to do with pan-Africanism or the Moors--who were African by culture and ethnicity?

Its also not true. You can use statistics to prove just about anything. Move on.

If the Moors don't relate to Pan-Africanisms that stop posting on it. If you don't post on it then I won't respond it is as simple as that.

You can believe whatever you like regarding the Moors people believe in all kinds of myths. But when you post your myths and become indignant when they are refuted I find it entertaining.

There isn't a lack of interesting things to discuss regarding Pan-Africanism brought up in the last video I posted. I would actually like the forum members to respond to that video.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:33 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
He has a point black fathers are less involved with their kids than white fathers are in the USA that isn't news black fathers are far more likely not to live in the same household and thus spend less time with their kids on average.

The Truth About Race and Father Involvement | RealClearPolicy
Afrocentrism is a magnet and a breeding ground for the dregs and the losers of society.

They'll never amount to anything and nothing good will ever come from enabling them.

With them as your friends you'll never need external enemies.

Chris Rock Blacks V.S N-words

Old 01-15-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Afrocentrism is a magnet and a breeding ground for the dregs and the losers of society.

They'll never amount to anything and nothing good will ever come from enabling them.

With them as your friends you'll never need external enemies.

Chris Rock Blacks V.S N-words

I disagree some individuals are in pain and looking for answers and certainly not bad people. Engaging in conversation can be a positive thing and a learning experience for individuals with diamtetrically opposed views.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:42 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Huh?!?

If a person Caribbean person of African descent moves to American and any point in their life and become either a permanent resident or a citizen of the United states do they lose their blackness? Are then not Americans? I think not.

That is a personal problem for those black Americans.

If an African American is talking about being African American what difference does it make where they are when they are discussing the topic, or are claiming that African Americans are insisting on referring to black Brits as African Americans. If it the case of the latter then it would be amusing although I doubt that African Americans would make such a claim.

Your post is so confusing. First you don't identify who you are in the grand scheme of things and secondly, I can't imagine an African American expecting a black person from Britain, France, Germany or anywhere else as identifying as an African American. In point of fact I think that most African Americans would resent such a self-identification because of the very different historical experiences. That doesn't mean that an African American would not find points of commonality with persons of color no matter what their nationality.

That is unfortunate and one of the issues that the concept of Pan-Africanism was designed to combat.

The fact that you consider the term "African American" to be equivalent to "black" shows how little you do know about black immigrants. They are immensely proud of their national origins, Jamaican, Nigerian, Trinidadian, or what ever, do NOT consider themselves to be the same as African Americans.

It is a certain kind of xenophobic African American who equates the fact that these people carry dual identities of being "black" (NOT African American) and being Caribbean, African or what ever, as being in denial of "blackness".

Please under stand something. African American do not define the entirety of what "blackness" is. Even what the "black experience" in the USA might be. Each group of blacks carry their own rich traditions, based on their heritage, and their history. The fact that white people might look down on us all is irrelevant!

Old 01-17-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Only if you believe that education is delusional.

Ghanaian tells the black America. "Oh you are so lucky that your ancestors were slaves, as you now live in America. I wish my ancestors were dragged off, so I wouldn't now be trying to figure out how to be able to get to live in the USA".

American to the Ghanaian. "WHAAAAAT!" He then wonders what kind of Uncle Tom this Ghanaian must be!

If you cannot see the different perspectives and understand from where they derive, I think that it is YOU who need the education.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOORISH-AMERICAN View Post
but you're talking as if I.S.L.A.M belongs to the Arabs! s!

You would probably call Christianity a "white man's religion" even though it reached Ethiopia BEFORE it moved beyond Greece and Italy.

Yet you pretend as if Islam is only tangential to Arabs when these are the people who CREATED the religion, and then spread it, not always peacefully!

Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa