Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 02:21 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times

Advertisements

[quote=SLIMMACKEY;57908769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

You have a problem with Diaspoic Africans or Afrocentrism?

Aa little unpacking is required to get the context of your post. Im a diaspora black who is pro black and acfrocentric to a degree. I dont believe in conspiracy theories from either side. And since you stated the continental africans made a run for the hills due to bats&&t crazy topics herein, what exactly are you?

You made a bold claim and it would be interesting to get an understanding of how you identify since you matter of factly stated that 1.) no continental african post here (claiming that no "real" africans post is a dumb***** statement that I wont entertain), 2.) that the majortiy whom most likely post here are diasporic africans in nature (wheres the evidence of this??).

I do agree that some of the topics are off the rocker, but.....yeah......
SLIMMACKEY Who is this addressed to? You have a quote within a quote from two different posters (one of which is mine).

I take ownership of question 1 only - It's not a bold claim that few Africans post here and I explained why I came to that conclusion (based on content of the posts here). It's not scientific obviously. I guess we can start a poll or something. In the context I am using it, "African" is a person living in Africa (black or white, doesn't matter). Why is it a dumb statement?

Last edited by Dd714; 04-21-2020 at 03:12 PM..

Old 04-21-2020, 06:38 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,243,544 times
[quote=Dd714;57909067]
Quote:

SLIMMACKEY Who is this addressed to? You have a quote within a quote from two different posters (one of which is mine).

I take ownership of question 1 only - It's not a bold claim that few Africans post here and I explained why I came to that conclusion (based on content of the posts here). It's not scientific obviously. I guess we can start a poll or something. In the context I am using it, "African" is a person living in Africa (black or white, doesn't matter). Why is it a dumb statement?
Dd714....I say it is a dumb statement because someone on the end of a keyboard is somehow determining who is a "real" African. I mean if you walk the streets of the Bronx, lets say Arthur ave. and try and determine who is a "real" Italian? Theres plenty to debate here, I agree as far as some outlandish claims and topics, but I stand by my statement. And to be objectively clear, cause I would not want to miss the context of ones POV....you claim Diasporic Africans, to be "fake" Aafricans since your original statement said no "real" ones post herein??

Old 04-21-2020, 06:46 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
There are a couple or few Africans(who may or may not be living on the continent) right in this thread. The thread starter is one.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:05 PM

2,853 posts, read 2,168,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Actually it's ultimately African in origin.

Nsidibi writing in Nigeria is around or over 2,000 years old, and was in use a thousand years prior to this very English language that we are communicating with now....try again.
Nice try but Nsidibi is not a true writing system. You can't write books or full sentences with it. And where are you getting the idea that it's 2000 years old? If it's as robust as say the Arabic script based systems then why didn't the Mali use it?

Old 04-22-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:

Dd714....I say it is a dumb statement because someone on the end of a keyboard is somehow determining who is a "real" African. I mean if you walk the streets of the Bronx, lets say Arthur ave. and try and determine who is a "real" Italian? Theres plenty to debate here, I agree as far as some outlandish claims and topics, but I stand by my statement. And to be objectively clear, cause I would not want to miss the context of ones POV....you claim Diasporic Africans, to be "fake" Aafricans since your original statement said no "real" ones post herein??
You are overthinking the term. You either live in Africa or you don't. Can't get more simple than that. Clearly "african" as a term can be extended, and has multi-uses as a term, but not in the context I was using it.

I said nothing about "diasporic africans". Once again - you misused the quote feature.

You clearly have another agenda, it's like you are reaching into irrelevance to look for a debate. I simply don't care.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:23 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,557,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
So do you believe Christopher Columbus discovered the USA? Is that sane?
It's not that he objectively discovered the Americas. It's significant that he found/colonized a New World for Europe, which altered human history.
As far as Africans being the founders of North America.. there is no credible evidence for their settling or subsequent cultural influence. peace

Old 04-22-2020, 06:58 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You are overthinking the term. You either live in Africa or you don't. Can't get more simple than that. Clearly "african" as a term can be extended, and has multi-uses as a term, but not in the context I was using it.

I said nothing about "diasporic africans". Once again - you misused the quote feature.

You clearly have another agenda, it's like you are reaching into irrelevance to look for a debate. I simply don't care.
dont assume cher. I wasnt, which is why I asked questions to clear up the context. Either way, on to the next. We non continental Aafricans dont count.....right?

Says a lot that you THINK you are one of the only on the thread who has visited the continent. You assume a lot.....

Old 04-22-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
It's not that he objectively discovered the Americas. It's significant that he found/colonized a New World for Europe, which altered human history.
As far as Africans being the founders of North America.. there is no credible evidence for their settling or subsequent cultural influence. peace
I think this is the statemnt that can drive the convo in the correct contextual direction for debate. Many different explorers could have visited a land mass prior to the "documented" travellers of record. But without hard evidence and unfortunately the settling (including the unfortunate colonization) of said lands, there simply is no evidence. Unfortunately.

Old 04-22-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
dont assume cher. I wasnt, which is why I asked questions to clear up the context. Either way, on to the next. We non continental Aafricans dont count.....right?

Says a lot that you THINK you are one of the only on the thread who has visited the continent. You assume a lot.....
I really have no idea what your point is.
Suggest you get back to the OP's topic (change "founding fathers" to "settlers") because you simply aren't making sense.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I really have no idea what your point is.
Suggest you get back to the OP's topic (change "founding fathers" to "settlers") because you simply aren't making sense.
Or maybe you cant comprehend. Either way, it was your words that were quoted. You did state that American blacks POV's dont count correct?

Ive already posted commentary regarding the OP....stay safe.

OH, and as it pertains to "overthinking" the term, calling someone or something real vs fake is not complex. Thats why you were questioned about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa