Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 03:35 PM

857 posts, read 846,260 times

Advertisements

I am still scratching my head as to the naïve and general nature of this post. As others have already stated, people move all over the world for various reasons, but typically it is to find a better life (big factor is financial security of course). The OP cites COVID as a potential additional reason to move out of the US. Does one really think things are so much better in other countries, healthcare wise than here? I am an immigrant myself, so lived and worked overseas; speaking from personal experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 12:18 PM

674 posts, read 699,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieboy43 View Post
No women won’t come to Africa to marry.
There are plenty of women who are in Africa because of their husbands and many more who will come. Your response is so myopic and white-centered. The OP didn't ask only about white women coming. She asked about women. I live in Ghana where many American women have followed their husbands home. Most of those women are black. Most of the western women who move to North Africa are white but some of them are black as well. There are entire facebook groups based around the premise of moving to Africa with an African spouse.

There are also several youtubers who document their lives as they move to Africa to follow their husbands. One woman is a black British citizen. Her youtube name is LadyVisionary and she lives in Rwanda with her Rwandan husband. For every woman who is on youtube there are thousands who are not.

Africa is beautiful and I'm very happy to be here. It is a far better life than the one found in the west for me and I will never return. Money is not everything. Family values and balance are far more important to many of us.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:25 PM

674 posts, read 699,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLeggedOne View Post
even me as an MtF trans person to want to get with a black man might increase
To be honest transgenderism is not considered socially acceptable anywhere on the continent apart from, perhaps, South Africa. If you are passable you may be ok but it's not worth the risk, IMHO. Many Africans seek political asylum abroad due to their non-heterosexual orientation.Movement in the other direction is not advised. My husband, for example, doesn't believe that trans people exist but said he would kill one if he ever met one. He is usually 100% nonviolent if that gives you any idea of the prevailing attitude. We live in Ghana. Good luck to you.

Old 01-02-2021, 07:59 AM

76 posts, read 100,022 times
This post seems offensive to me, trolling. Why would American woman move to African when they can stay in the USA and find an American husband.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:28 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,087,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
There are plenty of women who are in Africa because of their husbands and many more who will come. Your response is so myopic and white-centered. The OP didn't ask only about white women coming. She asked about women. I live in Ghana where many American women have followed their husbands home. Most of those women are black. Most of the western women who move to North Africa are white but some of them are black as well. There are entire facebook groups based around the premise of moving to Africa with an African spouse.

There are also several youtubers who document their lives as they move to Africa to follow their husbands. One woman is a black British citizen. Her youtube name is LadyVisionary and she lives in Rwanda with her Rwandan husband. For every woman who is on youtube there are thousands who are not.

Africa is beautiful and I'm very happy to be here. It is a far better life than the one found in the west for me and I will never return. Money is not everything. Family values and balance are far more important to many of us.
I think you are confusing husband hunters with husband followers. The original post is asking if single American women who are husband hunters will go to Africa to hunt for prospective husbands that they haven't met yet. The question is not about married women who are husband followers going to Africa either with or to join their husbands that they have already married some place else.

As a woman myself I agree with the person that you have responded to above, who in turn was responding to the question asked by LongLeggedOne in the original post. I'm of the opinion that very few unmarried women in America who are hunting for men to marry will be inclined to move to Africa to search for prospective husbands. American women don't know very much about countries in Africa and would be more inclined to first try hunting for suitable husbands in other westernized countries before considering African countries. African countries would likely be near the bottom of the short list of countries for American women to go big game hunting for men.

With regard to the bolded part above, I think your comment about the other poster being myopic and white-centered is a defensive tunnel-visioned and black-centered knee-jerk reaction of your own that reflects your miscomprehension, racial resentment and jumping to conclusions about people's race. You don't know anything about that person or about that person's racial attitude.

Last edited by Zoisite; 01-02-2021 at 11:55 AM..

Old 01-02-2021, 11:41 AM

2,415 posts, read 1,538,080 times
I would not base a life decision on what is currently taking place while the virus is somewhat active currently. This will pass and things will go back to close to normal as it was before the scourge arrived at our shores.

On a micro level, someone being happy in a new environment is always possible. But for the majority of people leaving the comforts of the first world for the challenges of the 3rd world isn't going to end well for a large percentage of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa