Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 05:49 AM

346 posts, read 309,133 times

Advertisements

I ask this because for the longest time, We've seen Asian women come to America to get on a visa and get with a white man for a shot at a new life.

I wonder if with Covid and with America busting up, and the appetite women have, even me as an MtF trans person to want to get with a black man might increase. And the black americans who can move out, I think will go to Africa as well to meet someone.

I just think this is an interesting thing to talk about as the tides could reverse with no new people coming to America now because of Covid, but some could be able to leave the USA for other lands to start new. It might not be now, but it could be within 5 if America does not see improvements in love life and for opportunities.

I cant move to Europe, China, russia, Australia, Canada.. I have either South America where I can meet a latino gentleman, or females for special interest or I could do it in Africa. Indonesia is a wild card but at least in Africa, English IS spoken.

What are ur thoughts on this people? Will people seek a better life in the mother land known as Africa, so long as people will not hate the natives of the land and can blend in ok and be nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 07:46 AM

10,105 posts, read 14,972,719 times
I don't see why. Women move to other countries to be with their husbands all the time. They leave careers, family, you name it in the name of love.

In some cases it could take a weird turn, such as this American woman that moved to Saudi Arabia following her husband (a different language, different attitude towards women, different predominant religion, etc wasn't a deterrent to her).

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/w...rdianship.html

That, however, I think is a rare case. Most American women that move to other countries for their boyfriends/husbands I think turn out to be ok. Again, I don't see why it would be any different in Africa.

Old 10-24-2020, 08:22 AM

758 posts, read 1,227,652 times
The cases I have seen and read about were usually African men who met American women in the States, usually on college
campuses, however there have been other social contexts as well, at a party, thru mutual friends etc.

Then when it was time to go home, the wife went with her husband, in some cases, if they have kids, I know cases of kids
raised in both cultures. They spent birth thru 10 in the U.S. 10 thru 21 in their Dad's country.

The major culture issues I have read about( Nigeria for example) acceptance of the foreign wife by the family, how the family
takes precedence over the wife. Possibility of being more than one wife. Husband is absolute head of the house.

In some cases, once the couple settled in the home country some American/African marriages only lasted 3 to 6 months as
the American women in these specific cases could not adjust to the culture.

Old 10-25-2020, 04:07 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
In my experience, I've seen a couple of people do it, but it's largely the other way around . . . the African or whatever other nationality spouse moving to the States.

Old 10-26-2020, 04:15 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLeggedOne View Post
I ask this because for the longest time, We've seen Asian women come to America to get on a visa and get with a white man for a shot at a new life.

I wonder if with Covid and with America busting up, and the appetite women have, even me as an MtF trans person to want to get with a black man might increase. And the black americans who can move out, I think will go to Africa as well to meet someone.

I just think this is an interesting thing to talk about as the tides could reverse with no new people coming to America now because of Covid, but some could be able to leave the USA for other lands to start new. It might not be now, but it could be within 5 if America does not see improvements in love life and for opportunities.

I cant move to Europe, China, russia, Australia, Canada.. I have either South America where I can meet a latino gentleman, or females for special interest or I could do it in Africa. Indonesia is a wild card but at least in Africa, English IS spoken.

What are ur thoughts on this people? Will people seek a better life in the mother land known as Africa, so long as people will not hate the natives of the land and can blend in ok and be nice?
People usually don't go to Africa to experience "a better life". People from Africa move to other countries for a better life. Hey I love Africa. Africa is a beautiful continent, but also they have serious problems. Things don't work right down there, not by US or European western standards. Crime, corruption, logistics. It's just the way it is...TIA.

America is not "busting up". Covid is hitting all continents hard, particulary the US and Europe, and some less that others indeed. Africa appears to be spared but that may be to less testing and the fact that some regions are somewhat isolated. But for Africa it has such secondary effect such as less economic and food aid for Africa because the countries that provide this aid as suffering. There is no better life waiting in Africa because...well, TIA.

EDIT: By the way - there is a market for these 3rd party countries where young male "Lothario's" are looking for western woman tourists to these countries that think they found their dream. Usually middle aged women, divorced, jaded, cynical with western men....Common in both Africa and Asia, maybe S. America as well. They are scammers, looking for whatever financial benefit they can gain. They don't want you to move to their country as they make a good living stringing along other western women, they just want what's in your bank account. Don't fall for that.

Last edited by Dd714; 10-26-2020 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-27-2020, 06:23 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,603,829 times
Maybe I'm missing something. A shot at a new life with an African man in Africa is not comparable to a shot at a new life with an American man in America.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
So black American women are going to pack up and move to Africa for a better life, during a pandemic, and find a man with different languages and culture that they could've found in America, Latin America, or the Caribbean?

Hahaha, wow ok.

Africa is not Wakanda.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:16 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLeggedOne View Post
Will people seek a better life in the mother land known as Africa, so long as people will not hate the natives of the land and can blend in ok and be nice?
As an American who left the U.S. back in 1996, and never moved back....I can definitely 100% say that all countries have expats and those who are left the U.S. and are living somewhere else.

That being said, the 'better life' is a completely different concept abroad. Internationally, USA/Canada/Australia/Europe are still perceived as the promised lands, and they are also way easier to receive huge benefits from becoming a citizen of them.

Usually when people go the other way...their 'better life' usually involves maintaining that western income possibilities and passports, while taking advantage of having it, while at the same time being perceived as more marketable in the non-western countries.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:43 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aville239 View Post
OP mentioned being a Male to Female (MtF) trans person. I think this is the important aspect that people are missing. I have been to several countries in Africa and honestly, OP, I know of none that would accept you. Asia is way better for transfolk.
Exactly. The OPs thread is just bizarre or incredibly naïve on so many points. I wish the OP would return so we can understand the thinking process in all this.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:49 AM

10,105 posts, read 14,972,719 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7rfzYBIPg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa