Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 08:02 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times

Advertisements

100 million users in 2 months time. I have played around with it a bit. I would say it could replace a lot of free lance writers and blogger types. It writes pretty much perfect English. Although what it says might not be correct the structur3 is pretty good. It does much better with older events and is terrible at anything recent. I used it for some things I know about it and it was accurate. If you want to get a simple brief explanation of anything from the Tokugawa shogunate to David Bowie it performs excellent and could be a competitor for Wikipedia.

Microsoft is having an event today which I am interested to hear about. It is one of my larger positions. The government already says it's dangerous and wants to regulate it before they even understand what it is or does.

The problem is we need some people in government that don't have fossilized brains.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
While it is impressive and it's already doing things from solving programming problems to writing news stories. What's more concerning is that it has really escalated the AI arms race. Going to result in a lot of jobs being automated.

Google hopes ‘Bard’ will outsmart ChatGPT, Microsoft in AI
I can see a lot of magazines and publications now using it and having just an editor and way less staff writers. It can write decent prose and any editor can just insert their personal touch or bias.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:25 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Never been a program/App downloaded so quickly by so many. It going to be huger than we might quickly imagine.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/c...te-2023-02-01/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

https://www.amazon.com/Singularity-N.../dp/0143037889

Old 02-07-2023, 08:28 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Human opinion or agenda built in, just like the evening news. Plus it has other obvious faults at this point but those will be corrected. For coding it seems incredible

Old 02-07-2023, 08:47 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
100 million users in 2 months time. I have played around with it a bit. I would say it could replace a lot of free lance writers and blogger types. It writes pretty much perfect English. Although what it says might not be correct the structur3 is pretty good. It does much better with older events and is terrible at anything recent. I used it for some things I know about it and it was accurate. If you want to get a simple brief explanation of anything from the Tokugawa shogunate to David Bowie it performs excellent and could be a competitor for Wikipedia.

Microsoft is having an event today which I am interested to hear about. It is one of my larger positions. The government already says it's dangerous and wants to regulate it before they even understand what it is or does.

The problem is we need some people in government that don't have fossilized brains.

LOL...the government wants to OWN it.

AI won't be used to help people; it will be used to control people.

Old 02-07-2023, 09:02 AM

Google just announced their own version Bard. One thing I started doing is using ChatAI instead of Google or Wikipedia. For a lot of things it works as well or better. Is it biased? Probably but when you use either of those you are also getting something biased. I don't really care if the bias is human or computer generated. I think this is the end of sites like google.com. People are using this for search already. It's a much more pleasant. Interface than Wikipedia.

Old 02-07-2023, 09:25 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Awful, because it's been fine-tuned with wokeism. You can't get non-politically correct answers anymore since it wen public a couple moths ago. They scrubbed all traces of genuine AI in favor of woke AI

The real successful AI will be one trained on Judeo-Christian foundational principles
How about neither. AI does not need a bias.

Old 02-07-2023, 09:25 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's a bad thing for common sense, I'm sure it's been programmed to tell us there are 2000 genders and America is the most racist country on the planet.
indeed,,

Political and demographic bias in online Artificial Intelligence platforms

Old 02-07-2023, 09:26 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Google just announced their own version Bard. One thing I started doing is using ChatAI instead of Google or Wikipedia. For a lot of things it works as well or better. Is it biased? Probably but when you use either of those you are also getting something biased. I don't really care if the bias is human or computer generated. I think this is the end of sites like google.com. People are using this for search already. It's a much more pleasant. Interface than Wikipedia.
I guess I am ignorant on this. How do you search with ChatAI?

Old 02-07-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I guess I am ignorant on this. How do you search with ChatAI?
Just open it up and input a phrase. iE. "Tell me about Tokugawa Ieyasu" I haven't tried just using a single noun or whatever. I learned to search google using phrases and questions so just d9 the same thing on CAI

What is city-data website?

City-data.com is a website that provides a wide range of demographic, socio-economic, and geographic information about cities and neighborhoods in the United States. It includes information on population, crime rates, cost of living, housing prices, climate, and more. The website also has a forum where users can discuss various topics related to the cities and share their opinions and experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.