Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 6,654 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am new. I hope I give you the right info to help me. This seems to be such a great place to get some help.

I am currently renting an apartment in North Canton. I need to find something in the same school system for my two great kids, and it must be some place where the can just be kids. I get flack from one bad neighbor who has complained so much we cannot breath. All the other people in the building love my kids, tell me they are good, respectful, not noisy, etc. But this one guy will not let up on the harrassment. I have complained to the police, they and the management are both on my side about it. My kids are good and sweet and at this point so quiet they are not even being normal kids because none of us want to incur the wrath of this bully.

Long story short,it is time to move. I am tired of fighting it,and I am tired of them feeling they can't breath.The place I am living in says they take kids but there are so few here, it may as well be a retirement community.

Best scenario: a house in North Canton. I want them to stay in their school. We pay $700 now. I can't pay much more than that. The house would have a backyard. The realtor may offer a rent to own option. We adjoin no other house, we are not terribly close to another house. It should have at least 2 bedrooms, 3 would be ideal. I need a workroom for my work, with light. But, it is possible to convert a dry garage or basement if it has light. I currently work in the skylighted loft in this apartment and truthfully,it is ideal, though small. The house needs to be open to pets, I have a small well trained doggy. He is trained to be a special needs dog, as a matter of fact.

Second choice:a duplex with same amenities. Side by side only.

Am I dreaming? These precious kids have been through a lot. They need a peaceful exisitence,they need to be able to play without fear of bothering someone. I want them to just love Mommy's place. I want them to feel happy and free, away from this bully. I have been looking, but nothing so far, only many apartments seem to be coming up in my searches in my price range.............any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 PM

780 posts, read 1,577,923 times
Try craigslist. You can find some crazy great deals on there. We're currently renting a home in Jackson that we found on craigslist for a fantastic price last year when we went from owning to renting before our impending move to Oregon.

I'd also look into what the Stark County auditor's website says about the property, and also run an esorn (Ohio's sex offenders site) check on the neighborhood.
http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us/Secured/p21_2.aspx (broken link)
http://www.auditor.co.stark.oh.us/Pr...ch/Search.aspx

Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM

Default Thanks,still looking

Thanks Wanderbygrace

I have been pouring over craigslist. I did find a house for $700 but it had some major -major drawbacks. Not looking for perfection, tho. You think anyone is out there~~a family who needs to leave their home for a couple of years,and would be happy to rent it for less than the market price for a very needy little family such as mine? We have been thru a lot of very difficult things lately and are just looking for a peaceful place. My good children and sweet well trained dog need to live peacefully.

We take excellent care of things. Gratitude makes you that way.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 AM

Still looking, it is now 2012,summer. Neighbor was screaming at us over my son dropping the dog's leash. "You're breaking the law" he yells. Omygosh, give me a break -I called the cops, they are going to pay him a visit. My kids tummies are churning. I need a nice house! Still pouring over Craigslist. I am planning on renting to own. Help. If you know of a house with some extra room such as a two car garage with bonus room this would be ideal so I can work from home. Back yard for previously mentioned good doggy.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:43 PM

780 posts, read 1,577,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momn2NiceKids View Post
Still looking, it is now 2012,summer. Neighbor was screaming at us over my son dropping the dog's leash. "You're breaking the law" he yells. Omygosh, give me a break -I called the cops, they are going to pay him a visit. My kids tummies are churning. I need a nice house! Still pouring over Craigslist. I am planning on renting to own. Help. If you know of a house with some extra room such as a two car garage with bonus room this would be ideal so I can work from home. Back yard for previously mentioned good doggy.
In the meantime, don't neglect setting aside $$$ for the move itself (e.g. moving truck, utiltity start ups, deposit on new place, etc.) and perhaps for extra rent if there is a price difference. That goes a long way to offset starting off in a financial hole in your new place. We moved to Oregon last year from Jackson, and boy did saving up for the move come in handy!!!!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:26 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,002,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momn2NiceKids View Post
$700/mo for a house in the suburbs is definitely going to be on the low end. Duplex/townhouse is probably more in that range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton