Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,787 times

Advertisements

I am lloking at homes now in the Akron area and was curious how the area is.
584 Copley Rd Akron, OH 44320 - Google Maps

that is the location of the current home i am looking at. i guess it would be considered as NW Akron. i have a 2yr old son who would be visiting/living with me frequently so having a nice neighborhood for him to be in is very important too me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,464,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden571 View Post

that is the location of the current home i am looking at. i guess it would be considered as NW Akron. i have a 2yr old son who would be visiting/living with me frequently so having a nice neighborhood for him to be in is very important too me

That's the West side. There is no NE, SE, NW, SW in Akron. West side you have to take on a case by case basis. Copely Rd in particular can be sketchy. Some of it is worse than it actually looks and some of it is actually better than it looks, which is typical for Akron.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 PM

310 posts, read 1,357,639 times
Akron is a big place. West Akron is kinda sketchy for the most part in my opinion. I wouldn't want to live in the downtown area at all. If you can afford to live in Green, it's a great place for kids. The park there is awesome. We have some friends who live out there and it's really nice. Springfield township is a nice area and a lot more affordable than Green. Hartville is also a nice, family friendly area. Best way to find the place you want is to go there and check it out. Hope I helped, good luck with your search.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM

310 posts, read 1,357,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Some of it is worse than it actually looks and some of it is actually better than it looks, which is typical for Akron.

This is so true about Akron.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
Akron is a big place. West Akron is kinda sketchy for the most part in my opinion. I wouldn't want to live in the downtown area at all. If you can afford to live in Green, it's a great place for kids. The park there is awesome. We have some friends who live out there and it's really nice. Springfield township is a nice area and a lot more affordable than Green. Hartville is also a nice, family friendly area. Best way to find the place you want is to go there and check it out. Hope I helped, good luck with your search.
And the crazy thing about the West side is that doesn't look like your traditional ghetto at all.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
Downtown has a lot of potential but there is no room to build so it would have to be high rise condominiums. At least 20 to 30 stories. University of Akron took up all of the good real estate IMHO.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:29 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,003,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden571 View Post

That's West Akron through and through. Those houses right there are cool but right around the corner is the 'woods (all the streets end in "wood") and I my review of that neighborhood is "HAIL NAW." I cross off any neighborhood where gunfire is likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton