Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 04:27 PM

275 posts, read 455,840 times

Advertisements

Going to Akron in two weeks for a concert. What are the best places to go for lunch and late-night (after midnight) dinner? Not looking to break the bank, so best for $15-20/person is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 01:27 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,416,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePorcupine View Post
late-night (after midnight) dinner? Not looking to break the bank, so best for $15-20/person is good.
For late night food try Luigi's (downtown) or Mr. Zub's (Highland square). Both are usually open until at least 2 AM or later. The Lockview comes to mind as well. Lugi's and Lockview would be especially convenient if you're going to a concert at the Civic Theatre.

I'll let someone else recommend lunch options.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:13 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,002,505 times
Depends on where the concert is, really. Civic? EJ Thomas? Tangier? Blossom?

Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 AM

12 posts, read 45,568 times
Nuevo just opened downtown and it's fantastic

Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 PM

275 posts, read 455,840 times
I ended up going to Luigi's. Very friendly folks, was open late enough for me. Good atmosphere, the jukebox was going when I was in.

I just wish I would've seen the "fine print" about cards not being accepted for payment first, could've saved me a few bucks! Oh well. Thanks for the recommendation though. They had a different approach to the Italian sub than what I was used to and loved the garlic bread.

I liked my first trip to Akron. I think I'll be back soon enough.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:20 PM

119 posts, read 273,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
For late night food try Luigi's (downtown) or Mr. Zub's (Highland square). Both are usually open until at least 2 AM or later. The Lockview comes to mind as well. Lugi's and Lockview would be especially convenient if you're going to a concert at the Civic Theatre.

I'll let someone else recommend lunch options.
I SECOND Luigi's for sure (get a pizza and cheesy salad!) and Mr. Zub's in Highland square. Last I knew, Luigi's only takes cash, so keep that in mind. It's my favorite place in Akron!

For lunch, I really like the Pub Bricco in the valley. There are some cool places in Kent (about a 10-15 minute drive from Akron), too.

http://www.pubbricco.com
Main Street Kent - Downtown Kent, Ohio

Old 07-27-2015, 01:14 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,416,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePorcupine View Post
I just wish I would've seen the "fine print" about cards not being accepted for payment first
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Ray View Post
Last I knew, Luigi's only takes cash, so keep that in mind.
Oh hey, by the way Luigi's is cash only.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:52 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,236,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Oh hey, by the way Luigi's is cash only.
The only thing that irks me about that great place. But they'll point out the ATM in the back if you need it.

I also can't believe I'm saying this, and don't tell the food snobs, but if you're near downtown, maybe Spaghetti Warehouse is a good bet. Bang for the buck, later hours, great Akron historic building to look at inside, location, and you'll be taking extra food home guaranteed. We look for other places but too often we just shrug our shoulders and go to it.....reliable and good.

For another extreme, and if it's a fancy night out and you want to drop a few bucks on a great dinner, do the Diamond Grill on the edge of downtown. Great food and service (and again it is cash only........doesn't anyone in Akron realize it's 2015? But they happily took a check, thank God) and dripping with attitude. Unbelievably old-school. I kept waiting for Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. or Tony Soprano or Joe Pesci to walk in as I ate my great steak. But they may have a dress code there, would not be surprised.

Maybe Parasson's in the old Italian North Hill neighborhood. Lots of good pizza places around there but unlike some others I know you can sit down there and eat. But they may not have the hours you need.

If the show's at or near Blossom, I'd say Bricco (as someone else said), or maybe even Saffron Patch for Indian food. Or the couple of places in Peninsula. Or if you're heading north towards Cleveland, stop halfway at Whitey's in Richfield for great (in quality and size) burgers (but again, cash only with an ATM on site.....good lord).

I would have said Chrissie Hynde's Vegeterranean near Luigi's, but it's gone ("I went back to Ohio.....but my restaurant was gone...."). I miss that place a lot and I'm not even a vegetarian.

Sitting here in New Mexico, missing all of those places tremendously. Best of luck!

Last edited by kpl1228; 07-31-2015 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton