Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 03:50 PM

5 posts, read 10,118 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm moving to the Akron area in a few months with my boyfriend and his 60-lb. black labrador, and we've been having some trouble finding a pet friendly place to stay in the areas of town that interest us. We're both 24 and working (he works locally in the Fairlawn area and I am a travelling consultant, so I am away 4 days out of the week and return on weekends). We'd like to be in a more walkable area like Highland Square or maybe downtown Akron, where it would be convenient to activities, restaurants, and other things like that. I'm a bit of a city person and am really compromising for this move; I'd like to settle somewhere a little more "city-like" if possible, but I know that can be difficult where we're looking. (I posted in the Cleveland forum a few weeks ago asking for tips: //www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...nals-near.html)

The more I heard about Highland Square from others on this forum, I really thought I would like it a lot so we started apartment/house hunting in the area. Unfortunately, it looks like we're not getting anywhere due to extremely restrictive pet policies.

Some of the places we've looked at and rejected were:
  • Tower 80 (no pets allowed)
  • Highland Tower (best location, but apartments varied greatly and they only accept cats)
  • Highland Square Apartments (2nd best location, only cats, heat is divided by square foot)
  • Westmont Apartments (no AC, a little out of the ways and felt less safe)
  • Twin Oaks Manor (also no AC, bad surrounding area)
  • Woods of Fairlawn (no AC, really far, rundown, not a good area)

We also checked out houses in the area but so far, the nicer ones do not allow pets, and the ones that do are either fairly rundown, are missing amenities (no dishwasher, street parking only), or are out of our budget (most houses are 2-3 bedroom places listed for over $1000/month, and as it will just be the two of us we can't justify spending that kind of money).

If anyone has had experience with apartment/house hunting here and has any suggestions, either on specific areas to look or pet-friendly apartment complexes, please let me know! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
View detailed profiles of: