Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:24 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,376,331 times

Advertisements

Akron isn't anywhere close to being part of Cleveland other than it is close, no one from Akron really knows to much about Cleveland other than to drive to an Indians game. but due to the mileage some assume Akron is a suburb of Cleveland which is far from the truth.
there are many questions I have read about Akron but a person has to weed them out of the Ohio or Cleveland forums.
about being to small to deserve a forum Akron /canton combined should repair that problem,after all it is more about how many questions are asked not how many people live there.
I would like to know if the moderators keep score or weed out how many Akron post occur.
and the bottom line is how hard is it to create a Akron forum? and if it doesn't fly remove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 09:28 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
Cleveland and Akron are connected though, they are in the same CSA and close to being in the same metro. There is also many other things I could mention about how they are connected. I realize they arent the same city and the same thing, but you could say the same thing about East Cleveland and Lakewood, but bottomline is that they are very close to eachother and are connected.

Like I said, if they make an Akron forum, they will have to at least make a forum for Dayton, Toledo, and Youngstown area. I feel all those cities have just about as many threads as Akron, if not more.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:50 AM

65 posts, read 253,336 times
i would say a forum for Youngstown before Akron.
Y-town is just kind of over here in the far eastern part of Ohio, far enough from other large cities to have its own metro area. just my opinion though.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:10 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,903,195 times
I think Dayton and Youngstown would get one before Akron, I will see what can happen.

We just need more talks about Akron. Not just one OP asking questions about moving there. We need to have full on conversations about them. You know?

Old 09-26-2008, 04:12 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,470 times
Cleveland includes Cuyahoga, Medina, Lake, Ashtabula, Lorain County. Akron include Summit Portage and Stark. Not the same

Old 09-26-2008, 11:12 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Cleveland includes Cuyahoga, Medina, Lake, Ashtabula, Lorain County. Akron include Summit Portage and Stark. Not the same
Summit County borders Cuyahoga County, thats pretty close if you ask me.

Like I said, Im voting no on Akron/Canton getting its own forum. I obviously wouldnt have a problem with it personally, but Dayton, Youngstown, and Toledo areas are all just just as big as Akron, and get as many posts if not more. If anything they should add Akron/Canton to Cleveland, other than that I just dont see it ever happening.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:59 AM

why not create a forum for each major city in ohio ?

Old 09-27-2008, 03:32 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,629 times
If fort collins in Colorado can have it's own forum im sure Akron and Dayton can also.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 PM

914 posts, read 1,983,949 times
Toledo, Akron, Dayton, and possibly Y-town all need their own forums. These cities would all have subforums in any of the other states. While they aren't as large as the three C's, they are still large population centers that could easily support their own forum.

For the moderator that said it depends on volume I would say two things. First, that's a cop-out in some ways. You can't expect the cities to have the same volume as they will if there is a forum for them individually. Secondly, if you expect them to have the same volume as Cleveland, it isn't going to happen because Cleveland is larger than any of these places. That doesn't mean these places aren't worthy of having their own forums.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:35 AM

I agree that if Ohio didn't have the 3 c's ,Akron would have its own forum, in VA Richmond is the same size as Akron but it isn't in the shadow of a major city like Cleveland .
the moderators must have their reasons but it seems like a Akron forum would definitely get used by many, and we wouldn't have to weed through the Cleveland forum looking for news and questions about Akron..........how many post does it take to get a akron forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton